With what will VZW replace my D2?

grhomes

Reaction score
I had an OG Droid back in September, the screen went out and when I took it to Verizon they gave me my D2, loved it ever since. Out of curiosity, has anyone had a broken D2 that they have taken in and gotten any sort of upgrade recently?

Graymayre

Reaction score
I got a Droid 2 Global last week for my Droid.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Zog

Reaction score
U ain't gettin a tb or dx. Id say with nothing. If u have protection, another d2 at a little cost to u

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
A broken D2 should get a D2 in return.

Graymayre

Reaction score
If you have an Asurion device, and you have to employ the warranty, I found out that if you are really nice to them, they have the option to give you a brand new phone. Droids aren't manufactured anymore, so they had to give me a brand new D2G

wildbill86

Reaction score
Had a droid 2 global for a few months now, it came with the upgraded kernel. Has lots of issues. Slider unlock reboots, random reboots, contact id ringtones ring for the wrong person....... comes with a lot of useless bloatware, and the social networking sync doesn't work. Lots of glitches. I rooted last week and froze most of the bloatware, and that seemed to help a lil. I would have sent it in to moto but they couldn't give me a straight answer if my phone would come back better or worse. Read on here some others have a lot more problems than me.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
From what I've read it depends on your insurance, how long you've had it and what Verizon has in stock.

I had the OG Droid, went to the Verizon store, since it had been within a year of owning it, they gave me another OG Droid (refurbished) at no cost.

I don't know how many Refurbished OG Droid's they're still trying to give out in replacements, and since you started with that, they may try to give you one of those. You could always be polite to the sales person and say something to get a Droid 2 instead if they have one. If they don't have one, you could try another Verizon store if that's a possbility.

Also depends on why you need a new phone. Mine just died trying a bar code scanner app.

Graymayre

Reaction score
My first D2G was bad like that. Got it replaced and the new one works like a charm.
As far as insurance, Asurion has gotten really nice compared to their old days. New phones from Verizon will get a warranty exchange of refurbished phones til they run out, then new phones til they run out, then a comparable device at last. After 5 replacements they give you a different phone anyway, but still refurbished. Asurion warranty is different, they can "put you in" for a new replacement, and they ran out of new Droids in my case and gave me a D2G.

OP
G

grhomes

Reaction score
The part that sucks is while I got a D2 for free (never signed ANYTHING while in the store) when they replaced my OG, they renewed my contract for 2 years. At that point I had the OG for something like 10 months, which would put my original contract expiring THIS December. Now my contract won't expire until 09/2012, which really pisses me off because they never told me that was part of the deal, and there isn't much I can do about it now.

Graymayre

Reaction score
The part that sucks is while I got a D2 for free (never signed ANYTHING while in the store) when they replaced my OG, they renewed my contract for 2 years. At that point I had the OG for something like 10 months, which would put my original contract expiring THIS December. Now my contract won't expire until 09/2012, which really pisses me off because they never told me that was part of the deal, and there isn't much I can do about it now.

They did you an upgrade. Your warranty went out a year after you got the phone, insurance was your only other option.

Graymayre

Reaction score
You don't have to sign anything btw to upgrade and renew contract.

Reaction score

To renew your contract, you're forced into a legally binding agreement that says something along the lines of stay with us, or you get charged an ETF. May as well be signing.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Graymayre

Reaction score

To renew your contract, you're forced into a legally binding agreement that says something along the lines of stay with us, or you get charged an ETF. May as well be signing.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Exactly

gsdreams

Reaction score
After 5 replacements they give you a different phone anyway, but still refurbished. Asurion warranty is different, they can "put you in" for a new replacement, and they ran out of new Droids in my case and gave me a D2G.

Uh, no that is not how it works. Verizon's policy is straight up "replace for same phone no matter what". Now in situations where it is a long-term customer, good payment history, etc... there can be "exceptions but it will still be a refurbished phone (Certified Like New Replacement CLNR).

As for shipping new phones as replacements, never happens. If out of stock of the CLNR an automatic substitution matrix or automatic substitution SKU will populate with the replacement device or options.

Again, the replacement device will still be a CLNR.

Stock for CLNRs go up and down depending on demand and manufacture availability. There are some phones (not androids yet) that are no longer available for CLNR and automatically get swapped to a different device.

If you didn't sign anything or go through the ESC IVR (asks you to accept the contract) you can call and get in touch with the COOS department and see if they can fix it. They are the only department that has the capability to change / edit the upgrade date.

Graymayre

Reaction score
I know this, I was stating that only in Asurion's warranty can you get a new phone, and that means you have to have already done an insurance claim with them and gotten one of their phones. Verizon's warranty will always give you a CLNR unless the phone was only released yesterday and there aren't any. What would happen then?