with the OTA jb releasing can more ppl verify pdanet+foxfi

blwn327

Reaction score
With camping season approaching,pdanet+foxfi is only means of internet for the tablets and laptops for the kids. And this isn't a thread about ruffing it and having the tech stuff camping.please just ppl chimeing in for verification if app works with official OTA update on MAXX only. Thank you very much.

ASUTodd

Reaction score
With camping season approaching,pdanet+foxfi is only means of internet for the tablets and laptops for the kids. And this isn't a thread about ruffing it and having the tech stuff camping.please just ppl chimeing in for verification if app works with official OTA update on MAXX only. Thank you very much.

PADNET+Foxfi (wifi) does not work. However, you can use the bluetooth option and download PDAnet for tablets and connect it that way. You will have internet access but your apps and Google play will not connect via bluetooth.

OP
blwn327

blwn327

Reaction score
Thank you!I'll hold off on update

philnolan3d

Reaction score
Just throwing out my story. I opened FoxFi and it told me to updade to PDANet+, which I did but they both told me my carrier has blocked third p[arty WiFi hotspots on Jelly Bean.

Isn't that illegal now in the US? I thought the US Gov said that they have to allow it.

LarryL300

Reaction score
I'm sure PDAnet will come out with a work around like before. Just a matter of time. But it says Bluetooth should work, I will try it and see if I can get it to connect to my laptop also.

gunn

Reaction score
Last I heard the only "work around" JB was the verizon hotspot hack

Yes, I can confirm that upgrading to JB breaks the PDAnet+FOXFI WIFI operation thanks for Verizon.
Tethering via BT still works (just confirmed) but not as helpful for you and your many devices.
-g

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, I can confirm that upgrading to JB breaks the PDAnet+FOXFI WIFI operation thanks for Verizon.
Tethering via BT still works (just confirmed) but not as helpful for you and your many devices.
-g

I get blocked trying the BT method. A Verizon verification check takes place, and says I must subscribe for $30. I wonder why some say BT works and for others it doesn't.
On GB and on ICS (211) I was able to tether BT to my laptop, and my wife's og iPad
USB still works though.

brunla

Reaction score
If you have an iPad, you cannot connect via Bluetooth. As far as I know the only option for wifi and ipad is to root your Maxx. I'm seriously considering.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you have an iPad, you cannot connect via Bluetooth. As far as I know the only option for wifi and ipad is to root your Maxx. I'm seriously considering.

I'm not sure what you are saying.
I can pair my Maxx to her og iPad.
But since the JB update what no longer works is the tethering. It has been blocked by Vzw.
I can still pair the Maxx & the og iPad.
The question I had was really how gunn was still able to BT tether using PDANet+Foxfi, since I get blocked by vzw both with the stock tether or with pdanet+foxfi.

Beer

Reaction score
Your best bet is to root with the RAZR Blade hack then follow instructions for the SQLite workaround to enable mobile hot spot. Bluetooth and USB tether still work on FoxFi but they are very slow. Total investment for the above was about 30 minutes and $2.99 for SQLite.

Blade root method: http://youtu.be/XDV_72mPt4k

SQLite hotspot workaround:
How to Get Free 4G LTE Wifi Tether/Mobile Hotspot on Rooted Droid Razr! | DroidRazrRoot.com

Keep in mind the RAZR is basically at the end of its product life cycle. We're unlikely to see additional updates.

-Beer

Beer

Reaction score
It does and Bluetooth works too but they are both radically slower than the WiFi hotspot connection.

-Beer