1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

With root, unlocked HDMI-out?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by TheCheeks, Jul 28, 2010.

1. TheCheeks

TheCheeks New Member

So with the X rooted, does this give us better access to the HDMI-out? I heard it was limited to only videos/photos the device created, as opposed to slapping files on the SD card and trying to run those.

That and I'm hoping emulators can take advantage of the HDMI-out eventually ;)
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

3. Blackcharger06

Blackcharger06 New Member

hdmi

I'm pretty sure you can play video from the hdmi out as long as it is 3pg or mp4 format. What you can't do is play video threw a blockbuster app or what I want to do and play videos from my sling box. I'm not sure about the blockbuster ap but I do know that slingbox would like to get the video to play out of the hdmi. I think with 2.2 you might see it enabled....
Search tags for this page
android root hdmi
android root hdmi out

droid x hdmi root

hdmi and root droid
hdmi connector root
hdmi for rooted android
how to get hdmi droid x root
how to get hdmi output on rooted droid x
how to root android for hdmi output
problem with hdmi output on rooted phone
rooted hdmi droid x2