With no update on the 22nd who wants to bet...

Do you think they will?

• Yes! That would be epic!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! What's wrong with you?

• Other?

• Total voters

joshua117

Reaction score
it would be nice but i wouldn't count on it. and while the update would get all of our attention here (more or less every that already has a droid) i doubt that a software update would be able to steel much if any thunder from the apple announcement.

darreno1

Reaction score
So the iPhone OS is going to finally catchup to Android and WebOS? Yawn!! '

Now watch all the iPhone fanboys claim Apple invented notifications and multitasking. Can't wait!

To the OP: I think you're reading way too much into the current situation. 2.1 will be ready when it's ready and to the iPhone devotees, nothing short of a nuclear explosion in the same city could steal the thunder away from anything that Apple has to announce.

MontyMo

Reaction score
The update will come out on the 27th, the same day as the apple anounments?

If they want to get press space they will NOT announce on the 27th. On the 27th all we will hear is Apple, Apple,Apple and Steve Jobs is a God

CYBER DROIID

Reaction score
So the iPhone OS is going to finally catchup to Android and WebOS? Yawn!! '

Now watch all the iPhone fanboys claim Apple invented notifications and multitasking. Can't wait!

To the OP: I think you're reading way too much into the current situation. 2.1 will be ready when it's ready and to the iPhone devotees, nothing short of a nuclear explosion in the same city could steal the thunder away from anything that Apple has to announce.

+1
for me!

Sodner

Reaction score
Other than knowing we will get the upgrade. It's time we all admitted we have NO idea when that will be. Sad but true.

joshua117

Reaction score
Other than knowing we will get the upgrade. It's time we all admitted we have NO idea when that will be. Sad but true.

now, now lets not get too hasty there has to be a way to figure it out. lets see it's v2.1 and google has 6 letters in it so 8.1 = aug 1st no, no. ok 2 verizon reps leave on trains that are equal dist from the update 1 going 70mph the other half of that, but the first rep only has a $1.75 ..........FINE....your right we have no idea. Thankfully we don't have any shortage on rumors (with inside sources) lol.:)

IEatCake

Reaction score
+1

Tired of all of the speculations... Seems like everyone "knows" when we will get an update, and more seem to think that the next update will be 2.1. Yet when a date comes and goes there's no retractions...

hbah427

Reaction score
The Apple event just to happens to coincide with President Obama's State Of The Union Address. Do you have any idea how many more people will be drooling over Steve Jobs than learning how the Nation is doing?

We can't stop Apple...

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since the 27th is my birthday, it would make a great present. :icon_ banana:

52brandon

Reaction score
The Apple event just to happens to coincide with President Obama's State Of The Union Address. Do you have any idea how many more people will be drooling over Steve Jobs than learning how the Nation is doing?

We can't stop Apple...

No surprise. More people voted for american idol than president...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i dnt see it either.

But if apple release the islate (apple tablet), would any one be interested. That is the speculation of what steve job is announcing; a touch screen laptop...scratch that, a touch screen netbook.
For apple fan boys jan 27th is a day of where they all gather round with their iphones, apple t-shirts and hats. And they all gather round the tv to listen for what gifts steve is going to give humanity.
It would love to put my droid on a big sound speaker so that as he announce his new product....my device yells "DROID".:motdroidvert:

rebornlaxer

Reaction score
I dont think that will happen but im sure 2.1 will come out within the next few weeks just cuz how pissed people are getting over it. (Like me:icon_ devil:)

DROIDMASTER

Reaction score
This would be amazing if the i thing actually was below expectations and android releasing 2.1 to droid above expectations!!!