With DroidTh3ory leaving...what is next?

Reaction score
For anyone who doesn't check rootzwiki, DT had decided to give up dev work and his website and Twitter is dead.

So I am curious to know if we can look forward to any support on the RAZR or its it pretty much dead in the water? There is a lot of support for the Bionic and of course the GNex but it seemed like DT and dhacker29 were the only ones working on the RAZR.

Dhacker has been working the ics Rom but always posted to Th3ory's website so I am not sure if we will continue to see his work with Th3ory out of the game.

Just wondering if anyone knows first hand if the RAZR will continue to see support.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

eidian

Reaction score
I think we can count on nothing coming out now. I'm glad that I didn't buy the Razr based on the possibility of flashing ROMs.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I believe that there is some work on going and we will see some ROMs, just not a huge selection.

~to powerful to fall into the wrong hands~

chris420o

Reaction score
what a shame..i mean if costco ever gets any friggin nexus's i play on exchanging...but i really really really enjoy this phone i dont wanna switch as bad as youd think...actually not at all but ima have to for the dev support...if this phone had the 4.65 hd screen with ics id keep it ina heartbeat...but must move on bc razr(although a truly awesome phone) isnt getting any love...quite disappointing...razr is better then nexus in every way minus ics and the screen and unlocked bootloader

OP
Jungle King 76
Reaction score
I just can't figure it out. I too have been flashing and rooting for the last two plus years since the OG dropped....what was that first root tool called? LOL.. Anyway. For the last two years there have always been new phones dropping every few months and each one getting just a little better..sometimes...but I have never seen the kind of trolling and crap I see now that the Gnex is out. We are all Android supporters so why is that not good enough?

Anyway, as to DT, I can only speak on what I have read on rootzwiki, and from what I understand Th3ory had some haters giving him crap and accusing him of stealing their work. It got pretty ridiculous and apparently, he did not close his website, someone hacked in and closed it for him. Bottom line, from my experience with DT, he has been an outstanding Dev and supporter for all of us non-devs.

He does not ask for donations and he is the only dev I personally have donated to because he hooked me up once with a quick personal mod I was looking for and I didn't even have to ask him to do it. I just mentioned what I was looking for and he threw it together. I do hope he gets his site back up and continues to Dev even if he has to stay away from the jack@sses on certain forums.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using DroidForums

gthotie5

Reaction score
I agree with you, the screen and pure Google is all the nexus has on the Razr. Wish I could build my own phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

gthotie5

Reaction score
Back on topic, I hope he will come back some day.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

mkemvp32

Reaction score
For anyone who doesn't check rootzwiki, DT had decided to give up dev work and his website and Twitter is dead.

So I am curious to know if we can look forward to any support on the RAZR or its it pretty much dead in the water? There is a lot of support for the Bionic and of course the GNex but it seemed like DT and dhacker29 were the only ones working on the RAZR.

Dhacker has been working the ics Rom but always posted to Th3ory's website so I am not sure if we will continue to see his work with Th3ory out of the game.

Just wondering if anyone knows first hand if the RAZR will continue to see support.

You guys need to check out Droidrzr.com. That's where all the action is. Razrxv1.1 has been set loose. It's insanely awesome

OP
Jungle King 76
Reaction score
You guys need to check out Droidrzr.com. That's where all the action is. Razrxv1.1 has been set loose. It's insanely awesome

M yeah, that is always the first place I go but I wouldn't say all the action. It was only one ROM that was started by Th3ory and updated by someone else. But with the leaked update, that Rom is not compatible. For me the update is too good to ignore.

garywojdan81

Reaction score
Don't forget Nitroglycerin33 is bringing Eclipse to the Razr soon.

bogginblazer

Reaction score
what a shame..i mean if costco ever gets any friggin nexus's i play on exchanging...but i really really really enjoy this phone i dont wanna switch as bad as youd think...actually not at all but ima have to for the dev support...if this phone had the 4.65 hd screen with ics id keep it ina heartbeat...but must move on bc razr(although a truly awesome phone) isnt getting any love...quite disappointing...razr is better then nexus in every way minus ics and the screen and unlocked bootloader

if ICS is its coming for the razr just wait

As for no love every one has been riding the guys who are supporting our be loved razr well now we lost one guy witch stinks but that is what happens when u ride people who do things for the love of it and out of the kindness of there Hart. I hope more people support the razr cuz i know this phone could really do some cool stuff if put to the test.

Thach

Reaction score
DT is back!!!!! Check out droidrzr.com for his latest release!

Sent from my rooted RAZR. If its not rooted, its not right! Droidrzr.com