Wishing we had tegra-2 inside now.

Nissanlover89

Reaction score
I love everything about my Bionic and it is a fantastic phone but it seems like it is getting no love from developers. It is powerful enough to handle anything being thrown at it but yet it seems like the best stuff is tegra-2 only and gameloft has yet to bring any of their good games over to the bionic. It feels like they are shrugging off our phones and its potential isn't being used. Why is our phone so unloved?

Mullens

Reaction score
I love everything about my Bionic and it is a fantastic phone but it seems like it is getting no love from developers. It is powerful enough to handle anything being thrown at it but yet it seems like the best stuff is tegra-2 only and gameloft has yet to bring any of their good games over to the bionic. It feels like they are shrugging off our phones and its potential isn't being used. Why is our phone so unloved?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Mullens

Reaction score

I've actually played backstab and n.o.v.a 2 on my bionic I have a got 9mm to work yet though..

OP
Nissanlover89

Nissanlover89

Reaction score
I've actually played backstab and n.o.v.a 2 on my bionic I have a got 9mm to work yet though..

How did you get those to work, are you using chainfire?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

At the moment, simply because the Bionic is one of the few (if not the only) devices on the market with a combination of qHD resolution and PowerVR SGX 540 GPU. Most of the games that support the SGX series GPUs are currently set up to support 800x480 resolution. Most will indeed run on the Bionic, but will not fill the screen. The Razr will also have qHD and an SGX 540, so maybe devs will jump on board once there are more devices with that particular configuration.

I do remember reading about ICS coming with some new APIs to allow cross-platform compatibility so that in the future, Android gaming will be more like PC gaming. The game will take advantage of whatever particular hardware your device contains, and the API will take care of ensuring that everything shows up correctly. I don't know how true this is, but if so developers are going to love it. And it could even bring more devs on board.

For now, a pretty good game to show off the Bionic is the free Reno Air Race game put out by Brietling (think I spelled that correctly?)