Wish list for next release...

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by razgueado, Aug 2, 2010.

1. razgueado

razgueado New Member

Taking the initiative to start a wish list thread for Chevy's next release.

Mine:

*The graphic EQ code referenced on the 4.6 wish thread.
    *Music controls on lock screen
    *Multi-select capability for hide/remove scripts. Also, if something has been deleted, don't show it in the list. OR - and this is probably a huge job - allow removal of system accessory apps (Facebook, E-Mail, etc.) and reinstallation from the ROM zip without having to reflash. No backup program I'm aware of will back up the system accessories so they can be removed and then brought back later.

Just my thoughts and wishes. :)
  2. Handshake

Handshake New Member

you know you can use root explorer to delete the system apps you don't want for example faqcebook, email, amazon mp3
  3. Fallonman

Fallonman New Member

I don't know were it is, but i loose my icons everytime i change roms. So can you place a icon database or something so we don't lose them
  4. brad r

brad r New Member

The ability to hide anything from the notification bar, not just the clock. Examples: hide the alarm-clock-on notification icon, battery indicator, signal strength, etc.
  5. wolfpack_lamb

wolfpack_lamb New Member

I love this ROM and the addition of the tools function in settings. I would like to see some more expansion of the custom notification bar. In addition to being able to change the text color and hide things, I would like to see the ability to change icons in the notification bar (ie signal status, wifi, 3g, alarm clock, gps, and battery).

Not sure if that is even possible but the latest addition made me think that would be a good idea.
  6. GodfatherIP

GodfatherIP New Member

The ability to skip music tracks by long pressing the volume keys like in Sapphire and CM would be nice.
  7. Cloppy

Cloppy New Member

Native Setcpu program would be nice like sapphire has also
  8. undroid

undroid New Member

9. razgueado

razgueado New Member

Yeah, I can do it with Titanium and a number of other apps too. I can terminal or adb shell and do it by hand. But none of these provides an end-to-end solution for uninstalling a system app, moving it to storage on the SD card, tracking what's been removed, and bringing it back when I want it. You can do it with multiple apps, and a lot of navigating, but nothing I've found provides a clean, dynamic solution.

Titanium does it with user apps, but system apps can only be frozen (still consuming internal storage), moved to SD (still appears in launcher and consumes some internal resources) or Uninstalled (apk deleted). Chevy tools can hide an app (still taking up resources) or delete (can't reinstall).

I want a state for system apps of Uninstalled and available for reinstallation. Call it "deactivated".

Make sense?