Wisdom teeth

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anybody got any tips here on how to make these puppies grow in faster? How long does it take for them to grow in? they have been coming in the past year but recently one of them have been kinda painful... I cant eat chips now. :angry: Or any cereal or anything good for that matter. Im going to the dentist as soon as i can but i need some tips here... im brushing at least 4 times a day with listerine afterwords and i still seem to be hurting alot. I think my throats starting to get sore to...so i hope its not bruised or something like that. Im sure lots of people on the forums have been in my situation, Any remedies?

Side note, I have never gotten a cavity and brush well everyday so i hope thse stupid teeth dont ruin my perfect record... That would depress the heck out of me. I want all of my teeth. :( don't want any pulled.

devator22

Reaction score
My teeth are literally perfect. But, I still had to have my wisdom teeth pulled. They never fully came in, and one was crooked. The operation was so simple, I fell asleep and when I woke up, no more wisdom teeth. Hurt for like two days, and have been fine since.

Sent from my brain, with the help of my Droid...

b-jammin21

Reaction score
You really don't need your wisdom teeth. The dentist may recommend you have them pulled, because when they come in they can shift your other teeth out of alignment.

I think you should get in asap to talk to the dentist about them, especially if they are giving you pain. Until then, rinse and gargle with warm salt water. Hope this helps.

Play a jam!

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
You really don't need your wisdom teeth. The dentist may recommend you have them pulled, because when they come in they can shift your other teeth out of alignment.

I think you should get in asap to talk to the dentist about them, especially if they are giving you pain. Until then, rinse and gargle with warm salt water. Hope this helps.

Play a jam!
I want to go to dentist asap... They are Monday through Thursdays though... and it wasn't as bad as it is now. I hope they can make me an appointment quick... Pericoronitis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia This seems to be my symtoms... At least it has a name. Infection doesnt sound fun, although i fiqure listerine should be doing its job. Listerine and i are going to have a talk!! :icon_evil: What will salt water do if you dont mind me asking? Ill gladly do it if it has a purpose.

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
My teeth are literally perfect. But, I still had to have my wisdom teeth pulled. They never fully came in, and one was crooked. The operation was so simple, I fell asleep and when I woke up, no more wisdom teeth. Hurt for like two days, and have been fine since.

Sent from my brain, with the help of my Droid...
So they completly nocked you out? Or was is like laughing gas?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
There is a downside to brushing your teeth too often;

You could actually be removing more enamel than your body can repair throughout the day.

But hey, no worries right? Nothing lasts forever! Even the Mona Lisa's falling apart!

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my D2G

cpjr

Reaction score
I had all 4 of mine cut out before they grew in when I was like 16. 1 of them would have grew in at an angle into my other tooth, which could be part of the issue your having....definitely see the dentist soon.

PS- they actually put me to sleep to do it.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I had my wisdom teeth out years ago like cpjr. Little pain for a couple days but no problem.

To be honest, I don't know for sure what salt water does, but I've always been told (by my mom - dental hygeinist, and my gma - nurse) that it helps heal damaged tissue quicker, and it also helps with the pain.

Play a jam!

LaxzBro

Reaction score
Im too young for wisdom teeth but I had three permanent teeth removed, two of them molars, and that knocked me out completely for the surgery. Heck they Gave me laughing gas to put in the IV. Honestly just plan to be out of commission for 24 hours and be ready to live on protein shakes and smoothies for a few days.

Lax bro, closet geek

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha, i can do smoothies for a day or two. :) And Im pretty sure they are coming in strait, i can see this tooth for the most part and it looks pretty ok. Apart from my gums id say its all good. One already came in perfectly... this one just hurts alot more. Like my whole back lower jaw is useless for chewing now though as it really hurts. :icon_evil: I'm really hoping that he looks at it and says its just irritation and gives me some meds or something. That's probably to much to hope for though. And an Iv? is that neccessary for a tooth pull? Im ok with those it kind of surprises me though. Is that how you get put to sleep? or is it a pill or something?

Vandy343

Reaction score
I'm 17 and my come out on the 22nd of this month..... no fun but eh I'm looking forword to some good painkillers.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm 17 and my come out on the 22nd of this month..... no fun but eh I'm looking forword to some good painkillers.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Ive never taken painkillers. I heard they r addicting. :( if mine are out i dout id take them. I remember losing my baby teeth... it doesnt hurt that much. At least not that i remember. :icon_eek: Haha, not that adult teeth are like baby teeth.... Bad comparison i guess.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I had all mine cut out when I was 14 because the bottom 2 were growing in sideways when I got my braces off and the dentist didn't want it to mess up 3 yrs of braces. When I got them out they put me to sleep, laughing gas for IV then shot of w/e it was to put me to sleep. Had it done on a Friday, was useless for the rest of the day then was on soup/milkshakes for the wkend then was about back to normal on Monday (little sore but tylenol was all it took by that point). Trust me, you'll want those pain meds for when the antithetic starts wearing off...

Its nothing like losing baby teeth....

As my dentist told me.... we aren't Fred Flintstone anymore, we don't need all those teeth.

Sent from my Liberated DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App..... umad?

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had all mine cut out when I was 14 because the bottom 2 were growing in sideways when I got my braces off and the dentist didn't want it to mess up 3 yrs of braces. When I got them out they put me to sleep, laughing gas for IV then shot of w/e it was to put me to sleep. Had it done on a Friday, was useless for the rest of the day then was on soup/milkshakes for the wkend then was about back to normal on Monday (little sore but tylenol was all it took by that point). Trust me, you'll want those pain meds for when the antithetic starts wearing off...

Its nothing like losing baby teeth....

As my dentist told me.... we aren't Fred Flintstone anymore, we don't need all those teeth.

Sent from my Liberated DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App..... umad?
Im very unfamiliar with this process but Laughing gas still surprises me. Do IV's hurt? I remember getting one in 4th grade and it was tolerable. I Am always in control of myself so i cant seem to picture what laughing gas will do to me. Granted ive never been drunk or done the naughty things but still. Does it make you sleepy? Or is it like a relaxation thing? I am almost positive i wont be laughing... At least i dont imagine i will be. :)

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Im very unfamiliar with this process but Laughing gas still surprises me. Do IV's hurt? I remember getting one in 4th grade and it was tolerable. I Am always in control of myself so i cant seem to picture what laughing gas will do to me. Granted ive never been drunk or done the naughty things but still. Does it make you sleepy? Or is it like a relaxation thing? I am almost positive i wont be laughing... At least i dont imagine i will be. :)

Its more of a relaxation thing. The IV didn't bother me but I had allergy shots once a week for 3 years so needles don't bother me. Felt like a little prick and then it was over.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App