Wisdom from the Woz: Doesn't Agree with Cali Verdict; Doesn't Think it Will Stick

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Steve-Wozniak-android-vs-apple.jpeg

Photo Credit: AndroidAuthority

It's easy to like Steve Wozniak. The former co-founder of Apple and famous tech-guru seems to always have something interesting, relevant and useful to say about today's evolving technologies. The Woz (as he is affectionately nicknamed) was recently interviewed and he had several interesting things to say regarding the iPhone 5 and the Apple vs. Samsung California trial. Rather than wax poetic with our version of his opinion, we have included several quotes directly from the Master himself.

In reference to the iPhone 5:

“I am always excited about every iPhone product because there are always good advances. A better quality on the pictures will mean a lot, because when I show people pictures on my iPhone 4 and my Galaxy S III, they always say the Galaxy S III, or even the Motorola Razr, pictures look better.”

“I think they took some very important steps. I’d like to get a product, use it myself before I judge it and compare to others. I’d like to have it myself and tell what’s good and bad about it.”

In reference to the Apple vs. Samsung Trial and other ongoing Patent Wars:

“I hate it. I don’t think the decision of California will hold. And I don’t agree with it -- very small things I don’t really call that innovative. I wish everybody would just agree to exchange all the patents and everybody can build the best forms they want to use everybody’s technologies.”

So, there you have it. Wisdom from the Woz. It's too bad he isn't still working at Apple, and every tech company should ponder his perspective.

Source: Bloomberg

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was thinking yesterday about how much good will Apple could have earned yesterday if their presser had started out with Cook coming out and saying that he feels the patent war has become a hinderance and that Apple would be retracting all pending suits. He would go on to humbly proclaim that from then on he hoped that all manufacturers would take a stance that each should learn from the other so that all customers could benefit. Despite what was already clearly going to be a lackluster release by Apple, the talk of the day would be the new direction the company had taken and the insanity would have been over.

Alas, that never materialized, but it can't hurt that those with influence are speaking to the same ideals so maybe change isn't too far off.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hearing the nickname "Woz" always makes me think of Was Not Was. And I never even liked their (or his) music!

Kenyon1

Reaction score
Thermonuclear war was in Steve Jobs' will and the applites won't stop till everyone has an iphone in their hands.

Anyways, this guy is right!

acousticshade

Reaction score
MissionImprobable said:
I was thinking yesterday about how much good will Apple could have earned yesterday if their presser had started out with Cook coming out and saying that he feels the patent war has become a hinderance and that Apple would be retracting all pending suits. He would go on to humbly proclaim that from then on he hoped that all manufacturers would take a stance that each should learn from the other so that all customers could benefit. Despite what was already clearly going to be a lackluster release by Apple, the talk of the day would be the new direction the company had taken and the insanity would have been over.

Alas, that never materialized, but it can't hurt that those with influence are speaking to the same ideals so maybe change isn't too far off.

Lol, that would have been hilarious. I can see all the apple fanboys saying, "hey, look how humble we are now."

Unfortunately, that's too bold a move for a company that now lacks innovation. I was hoping they would push the envelope with the i5. Instead, it was envelope folded in half and stuffed in the back pocket.