Wirless Tether and gaming?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ashkev843, Jun 4, 2010.

1. ashkev843

ashkev843 New Member

Is there a reason on a ps3 it will not recognize my droid when I am using the wireless tether? Doesn't even show up in the list. Am I missing something or can the wireless only be used by a cpu to connect? Sorry if this has been answered but I did a search of the forum and didn't see anything. Thanks
  2. verian

verian Guest

The ps3 uses a different technology with its wifi, It will not connect straight to your phone. And Please don't try to tether your ps3 with a verizon 3g connection. You will run up your data usage and piss off the other gamers who have to watch you lag all over the place.
  3. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen New Member

lol, this is true... 3g speeds really arnt the "gaming" speeds. I really havent tried if it would connect or not but i will tell you how to set it up. First you will need a spare Pc. (mine is my laptop, but a desktop will work[it irks on portability though-ALSO MUST HAVE A WIFI CARD-sorry only Lan Computers....Buy a wifi card if not] then connect an Ethernet chord from pc to ps3. Then go into the setting of pc and create a gateway. Im not going to rebuild the great wall of china so here is microsofts guide to do that. (at bottom) next enable the Droids wifi spot, and connect the computer to it. Now go into ps3 network settings and make the save lan connection settings. Bingo you now have ps3 running off of 3g.(the problem is that ps3 cant read the phones adhoc as a wifi connection, thats what your pc will do) Ps for the lag hater that posted before, lol i have satalite so im one of those laggers! muhahahaha. (and i dont belive its in the part i pasted below but the part your right clicking in the network places is the wireless network connection, not the LAN. Also this works on VISTA, Xp, and i think Windows 7... not tested on 7 though)
    "1: go to my network places , select view network connections from the side bar.........

2: select the network connection which is connected to the LAN or hub and go to its property by rightclicking it

3: go to tcp/ip properties fron it and select advance tab

4: their you find Internet Connection Sharing check boxes , select Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection

5.You can enable or disable the allowing of other users to control the connection—users don't need to be able to control the connection to use it.

6.Under Internet Connection Firewall, select the Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet check box for this network card, unless you have another firewall between the computer and the Internet. This is very important.

7.Click OK, and Internet Connection Sharing will be enabled.

Note: You must have administrative rights to enable ICS. After enabling ICS, verify that Internet connectivity is still functional on the host computer before testing the client computers. Remember to leave the host computer on all the time or turn it on before the other networked computers, so the client computers can request an IP address from the host. "
  4. verian

verian Guest

Yup I live in the country hand have to use 2 different mobile broad band usb connections just so I can play Socom with little lag but when its cloudy I'm jumping all over the place. That was a really good write up! I basically Do exactly what he's trying to do. I just choose not to abuse Verizon's generosity, I
    don't want theme to start charging for data used instead of unlimited. So please remember.

1)they can tell that your tethering

2)shoot ahead of people like your playing duck hunt. Or your'll miss
  5. lordegregious

lordegregious New Member

Must be where I live but I tried out Verizon 3G on my ps3 when I got it and the results were fine. I live in a rural town and am only 2 miles away from the tower. I played 3 games on my 12/1 mbps cable and then 3 off of my phone's 3G. I was able to talk and asked if I was lagging but everyone said I was fine. I was playing Uncharted 2.
Search tags for this page
4g tethering gaming

android tether lan game

connecting two lan games through tethering

gaming on a tethered connection

gaming on tethering

is tethering good for gaming

is tethering good for online gaming
latency shoot up when playing online games using wireless tether
phone teathering pc lan game
tethering and online gaming

tethering gaming