Wireless WIFI Hotspot app

Dolfan

Reaction score
Are there any wifi app/widgets that allow wireless connect? I have pdanet works well for running the laptop from time to time...but wondered about a wifeless hotspot for the Bolt to run ...

Bob

badbeat33

Reaction score
Open garden in the market

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
Dolfan

Dolfan

Reaction score
I tired that , but no matter what it said I was not using the right password...lol

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Maybe you *are* using the wrong password lol...

I use Barnacle WiFi tether, I think Verizon put it back in the Market but sideloading is no big deal. Otherwise I use the stock tethering in the Wireless and Networks menu of Settings on vanilla roms.

Other options:

Wireless Tether for Root Users (OpenGarden is based off of this, no real difference save the UI)

Clockwork Tether (USB only, but no root required + free! + in Market!)

pla1967

Reaction score
Android wireless tether works great. Make sure you go into settings an check enable router fix.

DroidFan

Reaction score
I don't use any app.. I am able to wirelessly connect my Droid X to my computer just linking them through BT... I don't know if this is a Droid X thing or a VZW thing, but I've done it with my computer and my sister's iPad, doing nothing more than connecting them through BT.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
You can do that, it depends on Bluetooth services installed on the phone, but many if bot most android phones support Bluetooth PAN... Thunderbolt is a no-go on stock ROMs if memory serves. Cyanogen it should work.. But while this method avoids Verizon tethering charges, it's often slow if not unreliable. I've had connection issues, and at least with my setup, max speed is 2.1mbps, with godawful ping added to the already high ping of Verizon 3G.

But yes, it's an option.