Wireless Tunes from Your Android to Your Car

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seems overpriced to me. If your headunit already has an aux in just buy a cord to plug it up to your head unit. If not, an fm transmitter would suffice and if your car has bluetooth then just go directly to the headunit. Looks like a waste of money to me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing... way overpriced and it doesn't really do anything you could do for much cheaper... even if your car has a cheap OEM unit for this price you could get a decent aftermarket headunit that has an auxiliary in... but guess there's a sucker out there for everything (look at how many people pay the ridiculous prices for Apple productsdancedroid)

Big Ry

Reaction score
Seems overpriced to me. If your headunit already has an aux in just buy a cord to plug it up to your head unit. If not, an fm transmitter would suffice and if your car has bluetooth then just go directly to the headunit. Looks like a waste of money to me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing... way overpriced and it doesn't really do anything you could do for much cheaper... even if your car has a cheap OEM unit for this price you could get a decent aftermarket headunit that has an auxiliary in... but guess there's a sucker out there for everything (look at how many people pay the ridiculous prices for Apple productsdancedroid)

Gettin a little off topic here, but everyone says how apple products are "easy" to use. But adding stuff like music/pictures/videos requires you to sync with itunes. This requires you to add all the documents to itunes and if you changed any file names/locations you gotta update itunes. I, unfortunately, have am ipod so ive dealt with this. Just about everything else in the world, android devices included, are a simple "drag n' drop". Seriously, for my D2 I plug it in, a window pops up, then I drag stuff over. If it got any easier, all id have to do is blink and everything I wanted would transfer! Seriously, if people can't handle a task as easy as that, this world is gonna come to an abrupt halt real quick lol.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

HamDog

Reaction score
First, I have never seen a wireless FM modulator that worked good. Living in Los Angeles, there just aren't any frequencies open that are far from other radio station frequencies.

Second, Aren't there already a ton of wireless FM transmitters out there that will hook up to the Droid?

Third, you still need to access your Droid to change music (skip track either on your own mp3 files or Pandora, Slacker, etc.). The whole point of these things is to free you from having to touch your phone.

Fourth, does this have a mic so you can use it to make or take calls?

The Venturi Mini has been around for a long time and works very well with the Droid. It hooks up via Bluetooth to the Droid. Just plugs into the cig lighter of your car. You can change tracks with it, take/make calls, and stores your phone book. Hooks up to your car stereo with either wireless FM modulator (which I hate) or also has aux out. It also has an aux input just in case your friend gets into the car with their iPod. The street price is much less than this unit.

I really don't get the hype behind this unit. Why is this such big news? Personally, I use the Alpine ex-10 and love it. Does a ton more and costs a lot less. I've posted this numerous times before, but here is my YouTube video of it again:

[video=youtube;UjfrxJrtgj4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjfrxJrtgj4"]My YouTube Video of the Alpine EX-10 Bluetooth adapter working on my Honda's factory stereo.[/video]

Schoche also has some nice stuff.

Parrot also makes some nice stuff that is car specific. I've never tried any of them, but they are very expensive.

Reaction score
I use the Motorola T505. It's about the same price and doesn't require any app on the phone.

I also use the Motorola T505. Excellent music quality, no static, easy to use. I think I bought it through Verizon online when they had one of their crazy sales. Paid like $50 bucks with no shipping cost. Definately worth the price.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App