1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Wireless tethering?

Discussion in 'UltimateDroid' started by Varking, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Varking

Varking New Member

Now when I try to tether after installing the new UD, things will show they are connected but I can't do anything on the internet. It says no connection. Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. DeeMat

DeeMat New Member

Been using it without issues.
  3. STPedi

STPedi New Member

I've had problems with it as well since switching to 1.0.0. I changed some settings around in wireless tether and got it to work a little bit. Doesn't work nearly as well as it used to though.
  4. MarkY3130

MarkY3130 New Member

I use it daily with no issues. Works the same as it did on UD froyo extreme 8.0 for me.

5. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

either an issue with your PC (like not telling it to confirm the connection) or try another version of the tether app. Sometimes I have to switch it out with a new ROM
  6. Varking

Varking New Member

I was trying to let my girlfriends iPod connect to my tethering and for some reason when she connects, only about 20% of the time does it ask for permission to use my Droids internet. When it happens, she connects great and has no lag issues or anything. When it just auto connects it seems that it shows she is having full bars of connection but can not do anything. Not sure why.
  7. ClassickWorld

ClassickWorld New Member

My wireless tether keeps crashing when i press start. I even went to the website and got the latest version for the Droid. Still crashing. Any ideas?

8. bigjonmoo73

bigjonmoo73 New Member

Is there a wireless tether app that comes with UD?? If not, what are you guys using??
  9. aldeghij

aldeghij New Member

Doesn't it have something to do with the kernel that's used as well? I think i remember seeing that at some point.
  10. bharrismac

bharrismac New Member

i've found that using barnacle wifi tether works great. if you have trouble connecting with barnacle or regular wifi tether, try clicking the ssid for the tether again to connect the ipod, computer, or other such device. that seems to help the process along whenever i have problems.
  11. pmp213

pmp213 New Member

Thanks for this. I couldn't figure out why the Wireless Tether app that comes bundled with UD 2.5 wasn't working, but Barnacle works perfectly. Awesome!
  12. Nick177th

Nick177th New Member

Whenever I switch/update ROMS, I go to wireless tether>menu>settings>menu>(re)install binaries and libraries. This works for me everytime. Good luck.