Wireless Tethering + Xbox live

CaptainCourt

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just got my new xbox 360 slim, and i was wondering how much data it would use if i connected it to my phone to play xbox live. I don't have any internet available in my area, or I use that. I was just wondering if I would get a surprise $20,000 bill or if this would be safe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

joeybarclay

Reaction score
Its rather safe as long as you don't try to download a 500gb torrent you should be fine. I am not sure if you could play online because of your connection speed. PS im tethering right now dancedroid

ballbanter54

Reaction score
tethering

I would recommend being careful with bandwidth. When you are tethering, you are breaking contract rules if you have hacked your phone. I would say as long as you keep the bandwidth down, you should be ok. What do you guys think?

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
dont expect a good quality gaming experience..

the ping rate will be pretty bad and expect some lag while playing online.

OP
C

CaptainCourt

Reaction score
Alright thanks for the input everyone. I've played about 5 games of reach, and I was really surprised that there was very little lag. The wireless tether also said that I only used around 25 megabytes. As long as I don't use netflix or download movies I should be fine. Thanks again!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
What ever you can do on your droid should be acceptable tethering. So playing halo.. depends on the amount of bandwith. But you should be able to watch movies from Netflix since you could just go to there site and watch movies from your droid.