Wireless Tethering without a ROM?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Varking, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Varking

Varking New Member

When I try to Wireless Tether without converting to Bugless Beast it seems that the iPod Touch and my laptop can connect to it, at an excellent signal strength, but it won't allow them to access the internet. When my girlfriend goes to load any website on the iPod Touch it just says it can't be loaded. Same for when I try to do it on my laptop. Is it just setting on the phone I need to change, or do I need to convert to the ROM every time?

Currently, to play Parallel Kingdom I need to convert to my nandroid backup. Then, when I want to Wireless Tether, I have to boot in recovery, and load up Bugless Beast. And then I rinse and repeat that over and over to be able to do all I want to do. I was just hoping for a more simple solution so I can have some peace and not need to boot into recovery every time. Thank you for any assistance if you do respond, and thank you for your time.
  2. woodyman

woodyman New Member Developer

what rom are you currently using.?

and are you using android 2.1 or 2.0.1?
  3. Varking

Varking New Member

I found a solution to my original problem so I no longer need help. Thank you kindly for asking though. I got Bugless Beast working with Parallel Kingdom and still maintain wifi.
  4. woodyman

I've found that using 2.1 and trying to tether hasn't worked for me, however on 2.0.1 I can run wireless tethering, currently I'm using the sholes 2.0.2 rom and my tethering works fine.. I’d recommend installing this rom I’ve had no issues and it was very simple to install, Sholes, download the latest smupdater... its pretty much self explainatory from there, here's the download for tethering apk, unzip and install apk and it should all work fine...
    hope this helps
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  5. woodyman

ha, i was slowly typing in a solution for you and after hitting reply you already had a solution.. glad to offer help though