Wireless Tethering problem - BB1.1, DroidMod1.2

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Howsthisthingwork, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Howsthisthingwork

Howsthisthingwork New Member

Mods - If this is the wrong spot, please move me. Have been scouring threads for 45 minutes with no answer found.

I'm running Bugless 1.1 (from Matth3w's thread) with DroidMod 1.2 kernel, OC'd to 800.

I downloaded Wireless Tether for Root Users, but when I open it up I get a warning message saying "your kernel does not support all the components of access control." I can tether fine - no problem and good throughput. In fact, I'm tethering right now, but I can't enable access control. I goto settings and can see all the options, but "enable access control" isn't available to modify - it's greyed out. When I tether there is, sometimes, a warning notification in the status bar that access control is not enabled. I can click on that and then enable access control, but then I lose internet.

Does anybody know of any problems with the DroidMod 1.2 kernel and tethering, or is this another case of user-error?