Wireless Tether

JLCongdon

Reaction score
Hey,

I have my Dinc Rooted, I installed WirelessTether, I have my ssid setup and encryption off.

When I try to connect my computer picks it up and says that it is connected as a peer to peer and has Excellent Signal Strength. But I am not getting internet access.

Does anyone know where the issue is?

fallofshadows

Reaction score
I don't know, but I've been getting the same issue. I used to have no problem using my phone's tethering, now it just doesn't seem to work...

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Hey,

I have my Dinc Rooted, I installed WirelessTether, I have my ssid setup and encryption off.

When I try to connect my computer picks it up and says that it is connected as a peer to peer and has Excellent Signal Strength. But I am not getting internet access.

:welcome: to the forum!

Are you using the latest version from the link in my sig or the one off the market, which is very outdated?

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When you connect to your pc something will show up in the notification bar make sure you accept it.

fallofshadows

Reaction score
Hey,

:welcome: to the forum!

Are you using the latest version from the link in my sig or the one off the market, which is very outdated?

Although I think it's awesome that you have a free tethering app, I think this discussion is about wireless tethering. Unless the app in your signature does something I'm not aware of lol.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Um, it's the WiFi tethering app code repository I'm linking to. As soon as new versions of the app are stable enough to be published for testing, they drop there LONG before they hit the market. If you'd looked you'd have seen that. The app in my signature is the latest version, whereas the one in the market, last I was aware, is months out of date.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
@furberingmammal
I never looked at those links in your sig. I thought it was the same as the app in the market. I have been having some problems with my wifi tether on my droid after updating to Chevy's ss 4.9. the tether connects to my laptop and works for a while then drops to no data transfer. it worked fine in ss 4.8.??

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
No, the app in my sig is much more recent than the one in the market. The reason being the one in the market is the latest stable release and these are prerelease, but stable enough for release. I've had no problem with any of the versions I've used and I've usually used them within 48 hours of release till the next release hits. :)

See if it fixes the problem. If not then it might be the laptop and not the phone.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Never had a problem with my laptop on any wifi net work. I will try this when i get the chance, as my service is on my DX now and not the Droid. Also will that wifi tether app work with the DX? Thanks for the help. :)

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I figured as much but the link made me feel as if it had to be made for a certain phone.
Thanks

fallofshadows

Reaction score
Um, it's the WiFi tethering app code repository I'm linking to. As soon as new versions of the app are stable enough to be published for testing, they drop there LONG before they hit the market. If you'd looked you'd have seen that. The app in my signature is the latest version, whereas the one in the market, last I was aware, is months out of date.

Sorry, I hadn't noticed that :( I only briefly checked the web site from my phone, and was half asleep while doing so... sorry for my rude comment, I need to keep myself off the forums when I'm tired :/