1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Wireless Tether

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by meijerbrantm, Aug 27, 2010.

1. meijerbrantm

meijerbrantm New Member

When using wireless tether on my droid, after some usage of it, you'll lose connection. You'll see this happen and the 3G icon disappear from the screen. Then it'll come back, then I will have internet again. It does this so often though, that it's mostly unusable.

I'm currently using BB .4 with a p3 kernel. I tried it with the provided kernel and it does the same thing. Any ideas?
  2. C3-PO

C3-PO Member

Which Wireless Tether app are you using? I'm using 2.0.5-pre3. I tried pre4 but it was doing something like you described here, so I went back to pre3 and it works fine. Don't know if this will help or not.
  3. wrightperspective

wrightperspective New Member

I had used EasyRoot to root before FRG22D and I had the same issue. I never changed an kernels or anything, though.
  4. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

I'm using Wireless Tether 2.0pre7. I'm able to connect to my Mac Book Pro and remain connected for hours.

Mike
  5. jbharman45

jbharman45 New Member

I keeping trying each new release. I am currently using 2.0pre8. However, it seems like I always end up going back to 2.0pre2. It's the only one that consistently works for me, all the time, every time.