Wireless tether

BillCollector

Reaction score
I have barnacle for wireless tethering and when I try to turn on wifi hotspot, it says no network.

Whats weird is when I open up my phone browser, it automatically takes me to the verizon hotspot web page.

Have they fixed this exploit?

Droid X .596 rooted

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Uncle Chan

Reaction score
I installed wug's patch. Works perfect on GB 605 & ICX. Orginally had the same problem as you, but changed the setting in Wireless Tether Beta to recognize my droid x. Now, no problems. Hotspot doesn't even show anymore.

Last edited:
OP
B

BillCollector

Reaction score
I installed wug's patch. Works perfect on GB 605 & ICX. Orginally had the same problem as you, but changed the setting in Wireless Tether Beta to recognize my droid x. Now, no problems. Hotspot doesn't even show anymore.

Where can I find that patch? Also, which setting did you change. Didn't understand that part

Reaction score
Barnacle sucks use wireless tether for root users

Sent from my iPhone 4S using TapaTalk

Uncle Chan

Reaction score
Where can I find that patch? Also, which setting did you change. Didn't understand that part

Do a google search on it. You willfind it. And there is a setting in the beta version where you can tell it what kind of phone you have.

blownfuse25

Reaction score
Well I have tried this app.. was working great before update... like you, takes me to Verizon page & cannot use internet on phone until I reboot, the happens all over again... haven't tried patch yet...

stratjb

Reaction score
I tried the latest version 3.1 beta 6 and it still takes me to the Verizon hotspot page after starting tether. Guess I'll have to check out the patch.

s1ck s0n

Reaction score
The tether with the patch seems to be working for me, but what has me a little concerned is when i use the tether, the 3g mobile hotspot icon pops up as well. im running a liberty rom 3x or something i believe. would it be ok to just delete the 3g hotspot app?