Wireless Tether

Garandhero

Reaction score
Hey so I have Droid X with gingerbread and I need to wireless tether. I got the app. but whenever I try to connect to it I get re-directed to a verizon site telling me I gotta pay.

Whats the work-around for this? I am already rooted...

DJxPanda

Reaction score
Wireless tethering other than though verizon has been blocked on GB. Cant do it. So... Either pay or dont do it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

barski

Reaction score
Hey so I have Droid X with gingerbread and I need to wireless tether. I got the app. but whenever I try to connect to it I get re-directed to a verizon site telling me I gotta pay.

Whats the work-around for this? I am already rooted...

There are work-arounds, but its not encouraged to do so. You might end up with a surprise when you get your next bill. :icon_eek: <<< your face might look like that when you see your bill. I haven't heard of anyone being charged for it yet, but i don't want to find out the hard way.

If you search google you will find ways around it.

OP
G

Garandhero

Reaction score
So even with an unlimited data plan...and all the other charges Verizon throws at you, do use a data service (again I have unlimited data) they want to charge you more?? You gotta be kidding me...

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
So even with an unlimited data plan...and all the other charges Verizon throws at you, do use a data service (again I have unlimited data) they want to charge you more?? You gotta be kidding me...

Yes that's true. This is an old issue. Do a search on this subject and you will find plenty of comments. Bottom line is unless you pay up front the threat is pay way more later or face cancelations of your service. All this is of course from Verizon.

CMitch

Reaction score
PDAnet can be downloaded to your computer and then installed on your phone. Then you can use it for USB or bluetooth tethering

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums