Wireless tether on rooted Gingerbread

edwards2243

Reaction score
Has anybody tried this? My 3G turned off when I tried it, but I don't remember that happening with froyo.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Arshem

Reaction score
DANGED VERIZON'S TRICKERY! They probably released it knowing we couldn't tether for free anymore :'(

cuzlion

Reaction score
Not entirely true

Actually I am typing this on my netbook tethered to my rooted D2 running the leaked Gingerbread. I flashed the TBH patch and sometimes can wifi tether with the 3G hotspot that comes with Gingerbread but when that flakes out I have so far always been able to at least usb tether over pdanet (from the market). The TBH patch should make the data appear to be going to my internal phone browser rather than to a tethered device so I should not appear to be tethering to big brother. However I haven't seen a bill since I started doing this so I can't say that for sure. I do know I tethered quite a bit under the stock froyo and never had an issue even though I do not use the VZW tethering plan, just the unlimited phone data plan. Cuz

chaaaad

Reaction score
FYI, p3droid said to remove hotspot hacks and not to use any free tethering software for the time being. Apparently several carriers are now able to track who is using the tethering.

samiusmc

Reaction score
Wireless tether still works on OG Droid running Gingerbread.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
It still works, its just advised not to use it. They're cracking down on tethering without paying for the plan.

sent from a D2G with Liberty 2

ahC_hED

Reaction score
When I said it doesn't work anymore, I meant it would be in your best interest not to use it. IMO, that's the reason for all the lock down on moto's phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums