Wireless tether on 2.0.1. How do I install?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by blkonblk17, Apr 4, 2010.

1. blkonblk17

blkonblk17 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well over the course of this weekend I went ahead and install the 2.1 OTA. Little did I know was that once I did this I was going to be unable ton root my phone. I then spent hours on this site last night and it helped me out a lot but it was a very time consuming process searching and having fellow members help me out. I successfully downgraded using RSD Lite back to 2.0.1.and I rooted my droid. My question is, now that I am 2.0.1. And rooted how do I go about getting the android wireless tether application. I have seen some tutorials on how to add it but requires adb which looks difficult. Is there an easier way?? I'm new to all of this so I am not sure if they are packages which include several apps/programs such as wireless tether. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    Here's a link to the wireless tether.apk download. wireless_tether_2_0-pre8.apk

Just download and install like a regular apk. (Make sure you have "Unknown sources" allowed for installation)

3. blkonblk17

blkonblk17 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Martin, thanks for the quick reply. I went ahead and d/l the apk. I am a little new so bear with me. What's the best or easiest way to install an .apk file. Is adb required?

4. Martin030908

Ratings:
    +0
    No ADB required.

You just need a file manager/explorer. Either EStrongs File Explorer (what I use) or Astro File Manager (what a lot, if not most Droiders use)

These will give you access to your SD card contents (just like Windows Explorer on your PC) There should be a folder labeled "download" (this is the default folder for downloads from the web browser). Simply navigate to that folder, open it, and the .apk should be in there. Simply select it and it should prompt you to install!

5. jeffster25

jeffster25 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I downloaded pda net. The free version works great.

6. blkonblk17

blkonblk17 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just finish running DM Updater. I can't believe how easy it was. I finally got my wireless tether to work. For anyone looking to root their droid and and add a rom this is suppeerrr easy friendly.

7. Martin030908

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice! Glad you got it working!

Search tags for this page
how to install teather.apk

wireless tether (2.0.1).apk

wireless tether 2 0 7.apk

wireless tether 2 0 7.apk install