1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Wireless tether not working after 2.2.1 OTA update

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by zenman77, Dec 13, 2010.

1. zenman77

zenman77 New Member

Hopefully someone can help with this. I was rooted via z4root vers. 1.3 and had super user and wireless tether. I received the update and now none of my apps (Titanium etc.) are able to get super user permissions and wireless tether will not work. Has anyone else had this issue?

By the way I have a droid 1
  2. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

You lost your root access and you are now using the stock kernel that comes with the OS update.

You will need to re-root your phone. Whatever method you used originally should work for this update too. I have heard the Z4 was pulled from the market. I would imagine they were going to update it to allow it to function with 2.1.1. If it has not been put back in the market, find a new way to root. Search for guides on rooting manually. You'll be able to handle anythign that comes your way in the future.

Nate
Search tags for this page
c8600
c8600 how to update
c8600 wireless tether
c8600version
droid dna tether not working after ota
huawei c8600 2.2.1 rom

huawei c8600 tether

huawei c8600 tether update

huawei8600 version update

upgreat my phone model