1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Wireless Tether Not Good?

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM DX' started by kkinderen, Mar 9, 2011.

1. kkinderen

kkinderen New Member

I tried using Wireless Tether from the market. It runs and works but complains I don't have a netfilter enabled kernel. Is this a problem? I've also tried mynet in the Liberty Toolbox but so far, while my Xoom shows as a connected device, I've not been able to connect to any websites.

Kev

P.S.
    For mynet, looking at the Xoom I see:
    security: wpa/wpa2 psk
    signal strength: excellent
    link speed: 54Mbps
    IP address 192.168.1.136

So connection between Xoom and X seems fine. 3G signal on the X is at 3 bars and the X can browse the Internet with no problems.
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  2. kkinderen

kkinderen New Member

Oops! This isn't what I expected. The 3G Mobile Hotspot finally connected. I typed in google.com and was directed to a Verizon site detailing monthly access fees. I thought mynet got around this? Maybe I think I installed mynet but didn't?
  3. mobile_sensei

mobile_sensei Team Liberty Theme Developer Premium Member

4. kkinderen

kkinderen New Member

I found the link real interesting. Thanks!

As for Wireless Tether, can I safely ignore that error message I get about netfilter? Both work fine now but I kinda like the option of using bluetooth.