Wireless Tether issue

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by ArrTooDeeToo, Jan 1, 2011.

1. ArrTooDeeToo

ArrTooDeeToo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Greetings!

So, I took the plunge yesterday and decided to root. I chose PEv4 because of a news post on droid life. I can't believe I waited so long to root! It's like having a new phone!

Anyways, a friend of mine who is rooted told me about wireless tethering. So I went to the market and downloaded the wireless tether app for rooted users, set up a password, ssid, and flipped the switch. It shows up in my networks list as a "Computer to Computer" network and won't let me access the internet through it. My friend then flipped his on and it shows up as a wireless hotspot. He's running Bugless on an OG Droid, but said that it may have something to do with my kernel not supporting netfilter (the description on the market says the same thing.)

So, question is; Does the default kernel that comes with PEv4 support netfilter, or do I need another kernel?

Thanks!

2. Nick177th

Nick177th Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Open the app (wireless tether), got to settings, tap menu. You'll see (re)install binaries/configs. tap it. you should be good to go now. Mines always shows up as computer to computer. don't know why but, it works. Happy New Year.

3. ArrTooDeeToo

ArrTooDeeToo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you! Everything is working now. dancedroid Happy new year to you, too!

Now, if I could only get the LCD resolution hack to work. Too bad this ROM doesn't have the nano function scripted into the terminal emulator.

4. Nick177th

Nick177th Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to be of help. Whenever I switch roms, or wipe data and cache, I always reload the binaries and configs.