1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Wireless Tether For Root Users

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by thejca, Jul 20, 2010.

1. thejca

thejca New Member

I'm having a bit of an issue with tethering. I downloaded and installed Wireless Tether for Root Users. I got my SSID, WEP key and everything else configured. I fire up the tethering and see the SSID on my computer. It connects successfully, obtains an IP but I can't access any web sites, everything times out. I tried enabling access control and allowing my computer's MAC once it connects, no dice. If anyone could assist me it would be greatly appreciated. Here is what I'm running:

Motorola Droid
    Bugless Beast 0.4
    Chevy's ULV 1.2GHz kernel (stress tested, stable)

Edit: I tried to downgrade to 2.0.1 (someone else recommended it), as well as the new pre2 and neither made a difference.

Edit: It looks like access control was the problem. When enabled I had no internet connection, disabling it, along with upgrading to Pre2 fixed the problem.
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
Search tags for this page

android tether no internet access

wifi tether for root users no internet

wifi tether for root users s4