Wireless Tether Fail on CM 6.1.2

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by g00fy, Jan 17, 2011.

1. g00fy

g00fy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had bugless beast for a while and a buddy convinced me to switch over to Cyanogen mod. It's pretty nice, no complaints, alot of nice features, stable, etc. There is one thing that's driving me up the wall with it. Since i switched to it Wireless Tether refuses to work.

I've tried all the different kernels i could get my hands on yet, when i try to run wifi tether i get the following errors:

Starting Access-point... FAILED

Activating Wifi Interface... FAILED

WTF? Nobody else seems to be having this issue either, i've searched a decent amount over the past week with no luck, and i've tried all the standard fixes. Try a reboot, uninstall & reinstall, try a different kernel, i even tried using Barnacle instead and had similiar issues.

Has anyone else had this problem, and how was it resolved? Thanks.

2. lindel

lindel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just tried it, and it's working for me. Not sure what to tell you, other than to ask if you've given wireless tether SuperUser rights?

3. g00fy

g00fy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, super user permissions granted. I may just back everything up and try a fresh install of CM...

4. g00fy

g00fy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I bit the bullet & did a triple data wipe then clean installed cyanogen and that seems to have corrected the issue.

Search tags for this page

activating wifi interface failed thunderbolt

wireless tether wifi fail