Wireless Tether doesnt show up

nateohio

Reaction score
Why not do away with the entitlement hack and use wireless tether like I do?

Just fired it up the last couple of days and burnt through almost 30 gigs of data while tethered to my laptop

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx HD

lloydsw

Reaction score
Why not do away with the entitlement hack and use wireless tether like I do?

Interesting that I can run wireless tether with the hack...

The reason I want the VZW hotspot working is that I need an infrasturcture hotspot, not ad hoc like wireless tether.

MdicnMan

Reaction score
NOTE: I GET my computer to connect to it while its wireless BUT an ip doesnt show up and i dont have internet access. BUT if i connect via usb tether it works great.

The problem is that DHCP is not working. If you assign your PC a static address in the subnet defined in the hotspot app and assign the gateway (xx.xx.xx.1) and DNS you will be golden. For simplicity, you can set the DHCP Start address on the phone to 10.10.0.10, then set you static address on the PC to 10.10.0.11 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and a gateway of 10.10.0.1. Then set your DNS to use 8.8.8.8 and 4.4.4.4 (Google)

Easy like cake... no? :icon_ lala:

lloydsw

Reaction score
The problem is that DHCP is not working. If you assign your PC a static address in the subnet defined in the hotspot app and assign the gateway (xx.xx.xx.1) and DNS you will be golden. For simplicity, you can set the DHCP Start address on the phone to 10.10.0.10, then set you static address on the PC to 10.10.0.11 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and a gateway of 10.10.0.1. Then set your DNS to use 8.8.8.8 and 4.4.4.4 (Google)

Easy like cake... no? :icon_ lala:

In the VZW hotspot, the only option I can find is to change the client start address. And as soon as I change any number in that, the 'save' button grays out.

MdicnMan

Reaction score
In the VZW hotspot, the only option I can find is to change the client start address. And as soon as I change any number in that, the 'save' button grays out.

The only thing that I see that will gray the save out is if you are using an invalid address. Make sure the last octet is not 1 or 255. If you are still having trouble just set the static address on the PC to the starting address in the hotspot and the gateway address to the same but make the last octet 1. eg: 192.168.32.2 and 192.168.32.1
I was only using the 10.10..xx.xx ips to make it easy to remember.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

lloydsw

Reaction score

After reading your response yesterday, I went back & tried this again, and had success! - for about 30 seconds, then the internet connection would die. If I turned the hotspot off, then back on again, same result. This can't be easy, can it?:blink: