1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Wireless Teather only works part time Help!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by bulljos79, Jun 16, 2011.

1. bulljos79

bulljos79 New Member

I have a droid pro with root and the wireless teather app. when I first got the app it worked perfectly for a couple of months. Needless to say it will now start up on the phone, connect to the computer and even work for a short period of time. After a few minutes the internet on the computer goes away but the phone still says that the kilobites are being used. I also have a blackberry with teather and it works so I know that it has to be something with the phone. Please help!
  2. michael7168

michael7168 New Member

please try barnacle app from market. it is free and has never let me down. google pdanet if on gingerbread but you must use a usb cable for tethering but you can charge phone at the same time

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  3. bulljos79

bulljos79 New Member

I also have barnacle as well as pdanet. Its almost like the device gets to hot or something because after a few minutes it drops internet connection. At that point I tried to restart but this still does not help. After there is no connection for a few minutes and the phone cools it will work again but it goes right back out again. How long ares you able to teather?
Search tags for this page

pdanet drops internet connection