Wireless stopped working

buellboy9

Reaction score
Not sure what happened. I tried the rooted WiFi Hotspot app on my rooted phone. Decided against it and uninstalled it, but ever since, I haven't been able to connect to my wireless router. According to the Wireless connection page, it SEES the signal, and identifies it as a strong signal, but it won't connect. All I see is "Scanning... Connecting... Disconnected" over and over and over. Any help appreciated!!:motdroidhoriz:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try deleting the router and reenter the settings

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Were you able to connect prior to installing the wireless tether app?

OP
B

buellboy9

Reaction score
Yes, in fact I was connected to it just before I turned off the "Wireless" setting, and then activated the "Wifi Hotspot" app. I played around with it with my laptop for a bit, then decided it wasn't really any better than PDANet (at least PDAnet keeps my Droid battery charged) so I stopped the app and uninstalled it. However, when I tried to reconnect my droid to my home wireless network, it refused to connect. Hasn't worked since. I've tried:
1) Deleting the network data from my phone and recreating it
2) Restoring the original FRG83D ROM

Nothing worked. I see the same symptoms I posted above. That's when I decided to ask the community of they had any ideas.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you restored a good backup and it still will not connect I'm not sure what else to suggest.

I use the wireless tether app on a regular basis and I've never had any issues with it or other wifi connections.

OP
B

buellboy9

Reaction score
Someone had suggested reflashing the radio... but I've no idea how to do that, or where to find the proper image.

OP
B

buellboy9

Reaction score
Fixed it!!

Found the correct file to flash the radio back to the original BB version, then flashed it back up to C_01.43.01P and that seems to have fixed it. I can now connect with my home router again. Whew!! dancedroid

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad you got this corrected. Where did you find the file?

OP
B

buellboy9

Reaction score
[Release] Update to Baseband C_01.3E.03P - Android Forums

And then once that was flashed, I used ROM Manager to download and flash back up to current.

ROM Manager -> Download ROM -> Stock Images.

From there I first flashed C_01.41.00R, and then repeated the above steps (after the reboot) to flash C_01.43.01P.

Note: You have to reactivate your phone each time you flash the baseband radio.