1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Wireless & Networks

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by jeter10, Nov 1, 2010.

1. jeter10

jeter10 New Member

Hi all,

I went away this weekend and used the free Wi-fi at the hotel and now that I'm home, I can't connect to the internet from my Droid. I don't know what happened but I assumed it would go back to my default (whatever that was). For instance, I'm at school now (on a computer) and when I click browser on my Droid, it says it can't find any url. I click my email and it can't find the server. I go to Settings, Wireless & networks and Wi-Fi is connected to my school so I can get the internet now but if I'm not at school and I'm at a store and want to access email or the internet, what do my settings have to show? I'm still new to this Droid phone so please pardon my newbie'ness.

I shut the phone down completely, waited and turned it back on and still it shows as connected to my school's free Wi-fi but I thought the default was something else...I don't remember if I had "connected to Wi-fi" selected before I went away b/c it worked so I never really looked at it until now...

Please help if you can,
    Thanks so much!
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Remove the wifi settings. You should connect to 3G then re add the wifi settings