Wireless Moot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well like i said it's still to early to tell rome wasnt built in a day

I hear ya, but how long do we go ahead and put up with this crap? All I wanted when I dropped my iPhone 4 and bought a Bionic was a reliable 4G phone with a large screen and REGULAR updates. From my experience with the OG Droid, that's what I THOUGHT I was buying into. I didn't know I was going to have to "steal" from Motorola (according to Motorola's own Matt) in order to have an acceptable OS. Had I known all of this, I am afraid I would have kept my iPhone 4. Might be considering the 5 now.

Comiskeybum

Reaction score
That's the thing though, the way Verizon's attitude has been, they won't care. They could lose Android altogether and they'd just start pushing iOS, Win8, and the new BBOS 10 like they were the best thing since sliced bread. They'd probably come up with the "WinDOES" campaign for Windows phones and use it to attack Moto/Google. Then, they would just say "Well, we still have the best network, so like it or leave - we'll NEVER hurt for customers". Verizon did without Android prior to 11/6/2009 - they don't exactly NEED them.

And that would mean moving to a different phone for me, though I complain about Verizon, around here they really ARE the only game in town - unless one enjoys making phonecalls outside in the dead of winter.

I totally disagree. In 2009 Android did not take up almost 60% of the OS market. Verizon would be screwed without Android. And come on, Blackberry 10? No one that isnt a government employee uses BB anymore. I predict BB is either purchased or out of business in 5 years.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dave12308 said:
I hear ya, but how long do we go ahead and put up with this crap? All I wanted when I dropped my iPhone 4 and bought a Bionic was a reliable 4G phone with a large screen and REGULAR updates. From my experience with the OG Droid, that's what I THOUGHT I was buying into. I didn't know I was going to have to "steal" from Motorola (according to Motorola's own Matt) in order to have an acceptable OS. Had I known all of this, I am afraid I would have kept my iPhone 4?

Well they have 3 days to come to an acceptable decision like i said on Thursday the gloves come off ;)

avlambo21

Reaction score
I hear ya, but how long do we go ahead and put up with this crap? All I wanted when I dropped my iPhone 4 and bought a Bionic was a reliable 4G phone with a large screen and REGULAR updates. From my experience with the OG Droid, that's what I THOUGHT I was buying into. I didn't know I was going to have to "steal" from Motorola (according to Motorola's own Matt) in order to have an acceptable OS. Had I known all of this, I am afraid I would have kept my iPhone 4?

how did you "steal" from Moto per se?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I totally disagree. In 2009 Android did not take up almost 60% of the OS market. Verizon would be screwed without Android. And come on, Blackberry 10? No one that isnt a government employee uses BB anymore. I predict BB is either purchased or out of business in 5 years.
BBOS 10 is going to be NOTHING like we are used to. I was reading an article about it. It's going to have ALL of the good parts of iOS/Android/BBOS/Win8/etc. all rolled into 1 OS. They know they have alot to live up to now, and they are working on it.

Comiskeybum

Reaction score
BBOS 10 is going to be NOTHING like we are used to. I was reading an article about it. It's going to have ALL of the good parts of iOS/Android/BBOS/Win8/etc. all rolled into 1 OS. They know they have alot to live up to now, and they are working on it.

Ive likely read the same articles, and I just dont see it my friend. If they would have went down this road 2-3 years ago maybe they would be ok, but I think its too little too late for BB. The only OS i see growing to respectable numbers is windows 8, even though it looks like it was designed for old people.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ive likely read the same articles, and I just dont see it my friend. If they would have went down this road 2-3 years ago maybe they would be ok, but I think its too little too late for BB. The only OS i see growing to respectable numbers is windows 8, even though it looks like it was designed for old people.
iOS will sell resepectably, Win8 will sell well, and depending on BBOS, it may sell well. We need to see final hardware. I just truly believe that they will be able to bail themselves out of ANYTHING just by feeding us lines of BS. That's how they have always worked, and always WILL work.

avlambo21

Reaction score

i agree except with the win8 i dont think that it will grow to combat iOS or Android at all. i think it will grow and take what BB and Symbian had otherwise i think its the next BB, mainly gov't using it and such

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
i agree except with the win8 i dont think that it will grow to combat iOS or Android at all. i think it will grow and take what BB and Symbian had otherwise i think its the next BB, mainly gov't using it and such

I disagree. With Windows 8 on the desktop, tablets, and smartphones; I believe it will create an integrated ecosystem much like we see with iOS and Apple. Verizon is going to push it VERY heavily, and just like Android took off because of Verizon; so will Win8.

Comiskeybum

Reaction score
iOS will sell resepectably, Win8 will sell well, and depending on BBOS, it may sell well. We need to see final hardware. I just truly believe that they will be able to bail themselves out of ANYTHING just by feeding us lines of BS. That's how they have always worked, and always WILL work.

We'll see, but unless something horrilbe happens to Android, I dont see it losing the greater than 50% market share it has now. And honestly, when was the last time Apple wowed us? Siri is the last thing that was cool from them and its not even that great. Unless Apple comes out with a huge wow soon I can see less and less people buying iPhones.

But we'll see, you cannot predict the future. Im sure at some point in history some hardcore Blackberry fanboys said they would never try anything else...........and then Android happened. LOL

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
We'll see, but unless something horrilbe happens to Android, I dont see it losing the greater than 50% market share it has now. And honestly, when was the last time Apple wowed us? Siri is the last thing that was cool from them and its not even that great. Unless Apple comes out with a huge wow soon I can see less and less people buying iPhones.

But we'll see, you cannot predict the future. Im sure at some point in history some hardcore Blackberry fanboys said they would never try anything else...........and then Android happened. LOL

Something horrible HAS happened to Android - it's called Verizon Wireless. What attracted many of us to Android in the first place is exactly what is now leaving a sour taste in our mouths.

Status
Not open for further replies.