Wireless Moot

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Um, it's a well known FACT that VZW is the worst at approving updates. The VZW S3 is the *ONLY* locked version in the world, and is *GUARANTEED* to be LAST getting the JB update. Don't kid yourself in thinking all carriers are as bad as VZW with locked bootloaders and lack of updates. It's not even close.

Lodmot

Reaction score
Well hopefully the two companies can reach an agreement. If not we will never see ICS in our lives. ........EVER AGAIN!!!!!! :0

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Comiskeybum

Reaction score
Um, it's a well known FACT that VZW is the worst at approving updates. The VZW S3 is the *ONLY* locked version in the world, and is *GUARANTEED* to be LAST getting the JB update. Don't kid yourself in thinking all carriers are as bad as VZW with locked bootloaders and lack of updates. It's not even close.

My point about LTE coverage stands though, no one comes close. Not even that, but 3G as well. You can be driving out west with AT&T or sprint and forget about having a data signal, hell even a talking signal. Meanwhile in the same car I had my Bionic and I had strong 3G coverage.

Im not defending verizon, just saying no one comes close.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
My point about LTE coverage stands though, no one comes close. Not even that, but 3G as well. You can be driving out west with AT&T or sprint and forget about having a data signal, hell even a talking signal. Meanwhile in the same car I had my Bionic and I had strong 3G coverage.

Im not defending verizon, just saying no one comes close.

I didn't argue against LTE coverage. I was simply pointing out that other carriers are not even CLOSE to as bad as VZW is in providing updates and requiring locked bootloaders. And what I've learned about "coverage" is it only matters where you happen to be. Meaning if I had coverage at home and work I'd be good to go. My major vacation spots are already covered by both VZW and AT&T.

Comiskeybum

Reaction score
I didn't argue against LTE coverage. I was simply pointing out that other carriers are not even CLOSE to as bad as VZW is in providing updates and requiring locked bootloaders. And what I've learned about "coverage" is it only matters where you happen to be. Meaning if I had coverage at home and work I'd be good to go. My major vacation spots are already covered by both VZW and AT&T.

True enough, but I am someone who does a lot of driving around the country especially out west. i cant tell you how many times my family and friends need to borrow my phone to call the wife or something like that because theirs wont work.

It just depends on your life style. I agree if you live in a city of any size, more than likely sprint and even t mobile will have LTE coverage soon if not already. If you never leave that are, then yeah, buy a phone unlocked and do the t mobile plan.

avlambo21

Reaction score
True enough, but I am someone who does a lot of driving around the country especially out west. i cant tell you how many times my family and friends need to borrow my phone to call the wife or something like that because theirs wont work.

It just depends on your life style. I agree if you live in a city of any size, more than likely sprint and even t mobile will have LTE coverage soon if not already. If you never leave that are, then yeah, buy a phone unlocked and do the t mobile plan.

as much as i would love to stay with VZW when i get my own plan, the whole issue of limited data and the pricing is terrible... thankfully i live in philly so sprint will have 4g here by the time i need to switch... i love the network, hate their business atm

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
All this drama over the Bionic's ICS update?

Comiskeybum

Reaction score
as much as i would love to stay with VZW when i get my own plan, the whole issue of limited data and the pricing is terrible... thankfully i live in philly so sprint will have 4g here by the time i need to switch... i love the network, hate their business atm

I dont think anyone can argue with that. I for one find it very hard to believe that Sprint will keep its unlimited data forever. At some point all those phones and people using their phones as hotspots is really going to drain on their LTE network (when its complete).

avlambo21

Reaction score
I dont think anyone can argue with that. I for one find it very hard to believe that Sprint will keep its unlimited data forever. At some point all those phones and people using their phones as hotspots is really going to drain on their LTE network (when its complete).

this is true, thankfully i dont think it will change in a year or so... so luckily i think i will be able to get it to be grandfathered into it like with my VZW contract... then figure out how to keep it, then when i lose it (hopefully a long time later) i hopefully have enough to go back to VZW haha

Lodmot

Reaction score
The Bionic ICS OTA is only a portion of the drama, currently seems to be the most vocal, but just a portion. Thanks to Sarge for all the updates!

Yeah the Bionic ICS issue is the most vocal, and most rightfully so. ;3

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah the Bionic ICS issue is the most vocal, and most rightfully so. ;3

If you think Bionic owners are vocal, read Sonit Puni's Google+ thread and see how many Atrix 4G owners are complaining. Their "Q3" update totally disappeared, apparently.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
No more updates guys my friend just went home sorry it wasnt more interesting but seeing its the beginning stages i wasnt expecting to much except on how vzw was going to toss around there options by the water cooler (pretty much what happened today) but we will see what moto/google brings to the table tomorrow

jayrod

Reaction score
All this drama over the Bionic's ICS update?

Seeing as many users have been having data issues and other awesome features that somewhat cripple their ability to fully use their device, and the one piece of the puzzle that can correct these issues is being constantly delayed because of BS reasons...
Nope, nobody is upset at all :p

Sent from my. 244 ICS leaked BIONIC

Status
Not open for further replies.