Wireless Moot

Status
Not open for further replies.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
"I hope the mods drive off the one person providing most of the support for our phone because of a few crybabies," nobody said, ever.

We never drove him off or even hinted that he should leave. We worked hard to work with him and the way he chose to handle those he felt undeserving of his time and (much appreciated) efforts.

He made that choice on his own - and honestly we were a bit surprised by it - based on a difference of opinions on how to handle people. He says that over at droidrzr.com as well.

I would argue that the people that instigated most of the 'issues' were the ones violating the respect and dignity of Samurai. He put alot of effort into the HoB and helping people out. And even more time making it easy and safe to use. Including a lengthy post of warnings and a FAQ, which was entirely from his own goodwill.

You're exactly right, and we all very much appreciate the work he did. But there's a good way and a bad way to handle those "violations" you reference. Nobody is above that here, not even us as staff. He openly admitted to having a differing opinion with us on this issue. He didn't care how those "violaters" were treated, and we do. I'm not saying that they shouldn't be told to do a little homework first, but there's a way to respectfully handle people, even those you disagree with or think don't deserve your time.

I think even you in your infinite mod-dom would become exasperated by people repeatedly ignoring any and all warnings and advice given and expecting fixes.

You clearly haven't been here long enough! :tongue:

There will hardly be any posts left here to moderate.

Once again, you clearly haven't been here long enough. And if you're right, then that just means we're doing our job right.

Someone mentioned earlier we're becoming like XDA. I would venture to say that we strive not to be like XDA, hence the difference of opinions with Sam on this issue. XDA is where you go to be lambasted for your "newb" questions, or even for your laziness in some cases. Not here.

Rahloc

Reaction score
Oh also, curious, I ran Quadrant on my phone and numbers seem low. I know a lot fo folks here are OC's and on ICS already, I am on 905 still. These seem normal to anyone?

Total 2224
CPU 3531
Mem 2485
I/O 2789
2D 236
3D 2081

I also have a build date of 44/11 so I am guessing I dont have the better chipset. This was a replacement phone, wonder if the one I had gotten right when they came out could have had the other.

I am just a regular user, never rooted or done anything more than (try) and use this damn phone. So sorry for my noobish rambles.

Love bacon.

Go Yanks!

There goes the Bacon

"I hope the mods drive off the one person providing most of the support for our phone because of a few crybabies," nobody said, ever.

There is plenty of room for bacon at the new house

Reaction score
And if you're right, then that just means we're doing our job right.

i don't think that means what you think it means.

95% of posters are here for Samurai and Sarge. Now that Sam is gone, if Sarge chooses to post elsewhere, if at all, you will not have any posts left to moderate

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Rahloc said:
There is plenty of room for bacon at the new house

Moot closed sargentmajord will be following samuri sorry for any inconvenience this may cause

Sent from my 2.106 ghz quadrant score 5680 .247 Droid Bionic using Droid Forums

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well this Forum was fun.....Now it will go the way of everything before it, all in the name of "Family Friendly" when we all know that means Power Trip

Have fun mods, I am just glad I did not decide to actually donate like I almost did.

Never really understood why a smartphone-centric site really needs to be "family friendly". This isn't disney.com - just my humble opinion, though.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You know this isn't even really about family friendly. Family friendly is why we choose to limit language, sexual content, etc.

He left because he differed with us on his opinion on how to be respectful to other humans, regardless of age, family, whatever.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I chose to leave because we have a difference of opinion on what respect means. And I don't really like having posts deleted just because I reference the reason I was limiting my posts in the first place. That's not respectful. You believe that respect should always be given no matter what. I believe it's earned. When I call people out, I do so while still providing help. That to me is a sign of respect. But I won't tolerate laziness or apathy. Given how many users I support by myself, I shouldn't have to. I consider this case closed and everyone can move on. I thank everyone that made the HoB what it is and leave it at that. I will still be around to read and will respond to PM's.

mjs27541

Reaction score
I've got to just throw this out there since this will be my last post to these forums as well. I may be new here with an opinion that means nothing but oh well. I understand wanting to maintain a family friendly vibe and calling out people for vulgarity and whatnot (though I don't personally agree with it). But to threaten posters with vacation for publicly disagreeing with the mods is a little over the top. If you can't handle someone calling you out on an unpopular decision I can only say grow up. At my real job I'm a supervisor and I actively encourage people to disagree with me, because I know I'm not always right. The title is mod not god fellas.

All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi...

qwas789

Reaction score
I have to say that I respect the mods for standing by one of their founding principles. Sometimes not an easy thing to do.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
But to threaten posters with vacation for publicly disagreeing with the mods is a little over the top. If you can't handle someone calling you out on an unpopular decision I can only say grow up. At my real job I'm a supervisor and I actively encourage people to disagree with me, because I know I'm not always right. The title is mod not god fellas.

All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi...

I couldn't agree more, and what you referenced shouldn't be happening... we have no problem with disagreements, it's being condescending and disrespectful that we don't like. Nobody deserves to be "condescended" - if I may use that as a verb... :)

Reaction score
sargentmajord said:
Moot closed sargentmajord will be following samuri sorry for any inconvenience this may cause

Sent from my 2.106 ghz quadrant score 5680 .247 Droid Bionic using Droid Forums

Noooooooooooooo

sent from my STOCK droid bionic where the hell is my ICS

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not one person looking for support was ever turned away, not even those who got real nasty with him first. He might get upset and make someone that wouldn't do what he was asking them to do swallow a little pride, but this is the real world not kindergarten, deal with it.
Anyway, it's looking like it's no longer a problem for Driod Forums. There are more Developer and user friendly places to go on this big ol' internet Al Gore invented for us! :)

And we never threatened him or asked him to leave either. :) But I respect his decision, and hope he's successful at droidrzr as well, another great forum.

nateohio

Reaction score
I too will be following Sarge and Samurai to the new home once I figure out where the new home is...

Thanks mods! Sarge and Sam were the only real Dev and knowledge base this forum had...

For those of you that can't handle being told harshly that you screwed up...quit the
"can't use red pen because it highlights the students mistakes" mentality and grow up

Status
Not open for further replies.