Wireless Moot

Status
Not open for further replies.

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
yeah, I said a long time ago that the 4430s were PRPORTIONALLY better, I was hitting the 2900s at 1000 mhz when I was on 232 before I put in the kanged haters hack to get to 1200, the guys at 1400 were only hitting 3500, so I thought efficiency wise the 4430s produced better results per Mhz of clockspeed, but nobody got my point, I would have figured you would, but you weren't around in that thread. so really 200 Mhz of clockspeed and harware acceleration only got me a 200 point quadrant bump I was getting 3 quadrant points per Mhz at 1000 and the next 200 got me less than 1 quadrant point each when you take the 2d accel into account, see what I'm sayin'? But I do want to know if my early october build date has a 4460

Last edited:

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah, I said a long time ago that the 4430s were PRPORTIONALLY better, I was hitting the 2900s at 1000 mhz when I was on 232 before I put in the kanged haters hack to get to 1200, the guys at 1400 were only hitting 3500, so I thought efficiency wise the 4430s produced better results per Mhz of clockspeed, but nobody got my point, I would have figured you would, but you weren't around in that thread. so really 200 Mhz of clockspeed and harware acceleration only got me a 200 point quadrant bump I was getting 3 quadrant points per Mhz at 1000 and the next 200 got me less than 1 quadrant point each when you take the 2d accel into account, see what I'm sayin'? But I do want to know if my early october build date has a 4460
I really doubt it does have a 4460, like I said, Sarge mentioned that only VERY early production dates did. I think it was units made in April and May, or something to that effect. Your October 2011 model is rather late by the standards of what we are talking about. As for the proportionally better performance of the 4430, is it possible that it's more efficient because it has shorter pipelines? And that's why it can't clock as high? Sort of how the Pentium 4 needs a higher clock speed to be as "fast" as a Core 2 Duo? A shorter pipeline can do more instructions per clock, a longer pipeline needs to compensate with clock speed.

tlarseth

Reaction score
GiovanniTheToker said:
Hey Sam, or anyone that knows how (or the answer), does the HoB root .247? And if so, why won't it root mine? It jus stays on the "daemon not running. starting it now. daemon started successfully". How long should it stay on that screen? Lol.

Make sure your phone is in mtp mode, motorola drivers on your pc are up to date, and then reboot both phone and pc, and try again. I am on 247, and HoB rooted mine. I used HoB 7.7.

Lodmot

Reaction score
I really doubt it does have a 4460, like I said, Sarge mentioned that only VERY early production dates did. I think it was units made in April and May, or something to that effect. Your October 2011 model is rather late by the standards of what we are talking about. As for the proportionally better performance of the 4430, is it possible that it's more efficient because it has shorter pipelines? And that's why it can't clock as high? Sort of how the Pentium 4 needs a higher clock speed to be as "fast" as a Core 2 Duo? A shorter pipeline can do more instructions per clock, a longer pipeline needs to compensate with clock speed.

So in other words, way back when i made the argument that my bionic was more efficient because it couldn't clock as high, i was right?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dave12308 said:

Correct as I stated before it was between april an may of production so 1 months of production so in the 4 weeks of the 4460 chipsets approximately 2000 bonics and razrs (D4 and maxx were none existent) a day were created so thats 80000 total devices were created with the 4460 which cost at least 36% more than the 4430 they saw that it would put them over budget by what I am told 12 million dollars (they created in an excess of 30 million bionics and razrs so 36% adds up quick) seeing that majority of the devices were going to be 4430 they shipped about 80% over seas and or turned them into developer devices since they could be unlocked an make more of a profit than to ship them to us carriers ie. VZW bootloader phobia so 20% got lucky enough to be locked down both bootloader an slots to us carriers (u can see how hard finding one of these devices are I alone went through 32 replacements untill I found mine 1 in a million shot though) an since where throwing bench marks out here is mine ^_^

Sent from my 2.106 ghz quadrant score 5680 .247 Droid Bionic using Droid Forums

Last edited:

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra

I don't think there any question that the 1.86 core 2 has a shorter (electronically) internal bus, those nanoseconds really add up over a benchmarks test, even 1 that takes less that 200ms like the setcpu long bench, and I would say it definitely is the same phenomenon between the 4460/4430, and that would also explain the crazy short (sub 100 ms on 1, a hair ove 100 ms on the other than my phones get, and according to our theory that would support the fact that they are both probably 4430s. (I am not really this knowledgeable, but I soaked up a lot from an old friend that passed away last year that was on an AMD architecture team in Austin at their Dell Liason operation.

Reaction score
josh1980 said:
What I did since I'm knowledgable of the internal working of batteries...

1. Charge your battery to full charge. Then let it charge for an extra 30 mins or so. Preferably not a USB port from a computer.
2. Use a battery calibration app to wipe the battery data. Do not use any programs that drains your battery quickly.
3. Unplug your battery from the charger. Use your phone as you normally would until it goes dead and powers itself off. Keep a wall charger handy, not a computer USB port.
4. When the phone finally dies plug it in and charge it with your charger. If you use a computer USB port it may take a long time to get enough charge to bootup.
5. Repeast steps 1-4 two more times for a total of 3 times. Your battery indicator SHOULD be fairly accurate.

Then, about once a month(usually when I pay my rent I do this...)
I fully charge my phone overnight, then the following morning use my phone as normal until it dies again. This helps to keep the battery data accurate as the battery ages.

No, this will NOT shorten the life of your battery. I know a whole bunch of people are about to write me to counter argue me, but unless they intend to explain the physical properties and chemical processes that occur to cause this "effect" that has NOT been documented by battery manufacturers nor testers(myself) then I'll pretty much ignore those rumors.

Then, do yourself a favor and don't freeze your phone or leave it in a hot car during the summer. Batteries don't take well to heat and cold. ;)

I have an extended battery and this is exactly what I did when I got my battery and what I do with it.

This is what I was trying to Quote, lol not my own post

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

raidermc

Reaction score
If you're using the touch recovery, it's under Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache.

I tried using CWM but it hangs when I scroll down and I have to pull the batt.
I tried to uninstall CWM and install Bionic bootstrapper but when i boot to recovery I still get CWM menu and it hangs when I try to scroll down.

Any ideas

Soocold

Reaction score
They all have a lot of variance and only really prove useful when making changes on your phone like OC.

ICS Droid Bionic
.247 courtesy of HoB
OC @ 1.333Ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.