Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dave12308 said:
Yeah if they switch chipsets, it won't be as exciting though - and if they want to get it out in 2013, they might not be able to use the Atom, depending on exactly WHEN in 2013 Intel decides to ship it.

Lol dont jinx it

Sent from my 1.600 ghz 3615 quadrant score ICS .247 DROID BIONIC

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
And samuri i get first dibs on this device get in the back of the line xD

Good, send me one and I'll consider making a House of Razr X. :D

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
SnydersWeb said:
Thus far when it comes to VZW's changes to their data plans... God, are they TRYING to make them unattractive/expensive? At this rate, unless forced to, I have bought my last phone on contract.

The "Share Everything" plan would be so much better if they offered greater quotas per tier. The $50 for 1GB is a sick and sad joke. Give me 2.5 or 3GB and I would be willing to consider them. As it is, most of us would be giving up an awful lot for what you get.

Would be great to hear some "moot" regarding devices that are currently out like our Bionics. This Razr X sounds nice, but I'm still likely another year or so before I would even consider upgrading.

The bionic is all but done as of now there is no more moot on it untill JB comes out an then its dead :/

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The bionic is all but done as of now there is no more moot on it untill JB comes out an then its dead :/

And that won't happen til January at the earliest.

welsalex

Reaction score

+1 Not because I like it but because it is true!

This should be painfully obvious. We pretty much have ICS and have possibly JB coming? That sounds like more than what was originally promised. Granted this all took much longer than expected I think we made out pretty well considering....

kemeki

Reaction score

Well... and that little bit of information about the OTA of ICS... but most of us here no longer care :biggrin:

kemeki

Reaction score
It's odd how that term has morphed into meaning male monkey parts.. When actually the origins are anything but. It's a nautical term and quite literal.

I just think of the Beastie Boys... and Starburst Hard Candy. Long story.

SnydersWeb

Reaction score

Darn shame that Moto didn't win the ability to unlock it. Oh well, having JB on this thing will be pretty darn nice.

On plans, it seems that many will just gleefully charge in and lose their unlimited data, get forced into a crappy plan w/out first knowing they really don't have to do that.

Rahloc

Reaction score
Moot on vzw
1. Unlimited data plan resurrection is in P&D of vzw they are trying to find a suitable plan that will allow customers on the new plan to have it as a higher tiered data plan (most expensive?)

2. unlimited will not be on a single line plan as of now (move people to share everything?)

3. Vzw will he unveiling the VoLTE in spring of 2014 in the following cities New york, Boston, Boise, Houston ect. (Its a long ass list an i am lazy)

Moot on google/moto

1. The new device code name RAZR X (aka nexus) specs are as follows (they are also subject to change at the manufacturers discretion)

1 intel atom quad core 2.0 ghz
2. 5.0 edge to edge true HD display
3. NFC
4. 2 gigs of ram
5. 15 mp rear facing camera with 1080p recording
6. 8 mp front facing camera with proximity face capture for hands free device activation (waking up)
7. Unlocked bootloader (subject to change at manufacturers discretion)
8. Motion an proximity sensors
9. Android 4.1.1 JB upgradeable to android 4.2.1 KLP
10. 3500 mAH Li Ion battery
11. Unconfirmed rumor as of now but comes with VoLTE radios

Damn you sarge if I had only hit reply a little faster I would have beaten your post.

I love how they think that bringing back unlimited at the most expensive place they can will help them out, I can get unlimited data from Sprint for 79.99 with 450 mins, and I never come close to even using 100 of the 450 I currently have which will save me at least 10.00 a month on my bill.

I also really dont understand the share plan push and the destruction of the individual plans. I dont have a need for sharing because I dont share my plan, honestly the more individual subs they have you think would be better. I mean a 6 member family on a share plan counts as one subscription, but 6 members of a family on individual plans that are matched to their needs is 6 subscription, making it easier to claim largest user base in the country.

VoLTE sounds great, but lets see how that roll out actually goes. Does anyone remember how the LTE roll out came about, The amount of credits Verizon gave me due to service failures was great, but a working service would have been a lot better. Also does that mean a new pricing scheme is in the works.

However the device sounds like something I want, I have read the reviews of the Razr I and I want that now, Intels processor in the device is not to shabby from what I have seen, but let me bring up some points.

I want a new name a name that stands out not Droid 1,2,3,4, Razr, Razr maxx, razr maxx hd, Razr Maxx HD Nexus. I bought the Bionic for the specs but also because the name stood out to me, I have been making the same complaint about car companies for a while also, Cadillac being the worst, Stop giving things name that are rehashed or not personal. A device name makes the item stand out, it gives something a name to put with it and can add a level of personality to the device that might not be there. Phones are part of us an extension of what we do all day. Let me have a name not the same name with a new moniker behind it.

Unlocked bootloader

Lets wait and see on this one, but I am not holding my breath

3500 mAH Li Ion battery

This unfortunately will not be removable I am almost positive now, because it is becoming more and more of a trend to not have have that as a feature. In a way you can understand it from all the badly made "extended" batteries out there that can screw up a phone more than the person using it. But still to have that option is something I would rather have,

Unconfirmed rumor as of now but comes with VoLTE radios

Dont see this being true, why put it in the phone if it is not going to be useable by most people for a year, or so

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Dont see this being true, why put it in the phone if it is not going to be useable by most people for a year, or so

You mean like....putting LTE in a Bionic when half the nation at the time didn't have access to LTE? Yup, totally doesn't make any sense. :p

welsalex

Reaction score
Recent OTHER Rumors suggest that Android 4.2.x is going to REMAIN Jellybean. Key Lime Pie will be reserved for Android 5.0! And 5.0 might have a build in theme engine!

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Guys, my friend here at work who is on 905 just got the ICS update pushed to his Bionic , or so he texts... He hasn't installed it yet, when he does I'll try to find out the version etc. Crazy.

Rahloc

Reaction score
You mean like....putting LTE in a Bionic when half the nation at the time didn't have access to LTE? Yup, totally doesn't make any sense. :p

Yeah but the roll out had at least started. Unless this phone comes out in Q4 13 why bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.