Wireless Moot

Status
Not open for further replies.

herrbifi

Reaction score
I'm not surprised by this at all. Of course Verizon is going to retaliate, because they lack common sense.
Apparently, the Droid Bionic, plus all other Droid products were REALLY made by Verizon.

"Motorola? Who's that? .... Nah, that's just part of the model series we have. It's not an actual company
We really designed this hardware ourselves and have every right to control it. ^^"

Well they might as well claim them just like B&N claims the Nook. Same concept right?

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
herrbifi said:
Well they might as well claim them just like B&N claims the Nook. Same concept right?

Not if google says anything

"Vzw" mmmmm Motorola Klondike bar

"Google" b/tch that's my Klondike bar

"Vzw" crying

jayrod

Reaction score
I'm not surprised by this at all. Of course Verizon is going to retaliate, because they lack common sense.
Apparently, the Droid Bionic, plus all other Droid products were REALLY made by Verizon.

"Motorola? Who's that? .... Nah, that's just part of the model series we have. It's not an actual company
We really designed this hardware ourselves and have every right to control it. ^^"

Verizon didn't make the Bionic. "Someone else made that happen". :rofl3:

Hopefully someone in the forum will get the joke.

Wait...you mean VZW didn't invent cellphones? They didn't create the Bionic? Surely you must be mistaken...I mean they have their logo right next to my mouthpiece on my phone all fancy like. I'm in shock!!! The world is a lie!!!!:icon_eek:

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Not if google says anything

"Vzw" mmmmm Motorola Klondike bar

"Google" b/tch that's my Klondike bar

"Vzw" crying

Pretty much. Imagine how bad it would be for VZW if Motorola decided they were done selling phones on their network until vzw changed its tune. Man that would put then in their place.

Sent from my frozenly delicious bionic.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
liftedplane said:
Pretty much. Imagine how bad it would be for VZW if Motorola decided they were done selling phones on their network until vzw changed its tune. Man that would put then in their place.

Sent from my frozenly delicious bionic.

About 3 billion dollar loss a year in there place

josh1980

Reaction score
Verizon didn't make the Bionic. "Someone else made that happen". :rofl3:

Hopefully someone in the forum will get the joke.

Wait...you mean VZW didn't invent cellphones? They didn't create the Bionic? Surely you must be mistaken...I mean they have their logo right next to my mouthpiece on my phone all fancy like. I'm in shock!!! The world is a lie!!!!:icon_eek:

I was poking fun of an Obama quote....

Edit: I am NOT trying to turn this into a political thread. I'm not here to discuss politics or whether I like/hate Obama. It was a joke. Take it as such. If you didn't like it you don't have to laugh. :)

Last edited:

TominBristol

Reaction score
I find it very interesting that a roomful of VZW Execs find it necessary to develop counter proposals at all. Not the same old arrogance I'd come to expect from a carrier that has always (in the past) behaved as if they called the shots...all the shots.

Just from an outsider's view, looks like they recognize there's a new player in the game. If you think of it as some kinda barter, Google/Moto laid out their stance, now VZW prepares theirs and through various negotiations, eventually a deal is done.

Formerly VZW displayed NO interest in un-locking anything...looks like they now see they're gonna have too fall back from that stance.

A good sign for us consumers, yes?

jayrod

Reaction score
I was poking fun of an Obama quote....

Edit: I am NOT trying to turn this into a political thread. I'm not here to discuss politics or whether I like/hate Obama. It was a joke. Take it as such. If you didn't like it you don't have to laugh. :)

Hahahaha..I wasn't aware of any quote..but it did remind me of a quote about the creation of the internet :p

OK..back to the mater at hand..no mater how moot it is :icon_rolleyes:

symbiontsoul

Reaction score
I find it very interesting that a roomful of VZW Execs find it necessary to develop counter proposals at all. Not the same old arrogance I'd come to expect from a carrier that has always (in the past) behaved as if they called the shots...all the shots.

Just from an outsider's view, looks like they recognize there's a new player in the game. If you think of it as some kinda barter, Google/Moto laid out their stance, now VZW prepares theirs and through various negotiations, eventually a deal is done.

Formerly VZW displayed NO interest in un-locking anything...looks like they now see they're gonna have too fall back from that stance.

Doesn't matter. If they fall back only by charging 20/30 bucks a month, most ppl can't afford that extra charge on a monthly basis on top of thier already high bill. Thus they get what they want anyway. Not to mention deterring ppl from developing. Samurai shouldn't have to pay an extra $30/mo to be able to contribute to the community.

livinginkaos

Reaction score

I agree. I have a feeling that GooMoto is in no mood for counters at this point....... Wouldn't surprise me if this ended in a creation of a GooMobile or GooWireless.

SnydersWeb

Reaction score
Am I the only one who keeps seeing the Pointy Haired Boss from Dilbert every time I hear about VZW and these ridiculous counter proposals?

If things come to blows, hopefully Samsung would also follow suit.. if they did it would be a nice horse-kick in the pills for VZW.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
enough political jokes/stabs ...

Comiskeybum

Reaction score
Interesting. But none of this news today really wows me like on Friday. Any idea how long the negotiations will last?

Status
Not open for further replies.