Wireless Moot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikenit

Reaction score
Not nearly as long as it did on 905. I used to get about 14 hours with Moderate use, but now I'm seeing about 9 on 247. But i got the processor bump To 1.2, and I now have the best 4G I have ever had with this phone. I've started playing with smart actions, and really hoping it will help. Battery life has been a big disappointment so far.

I disagree. My battery has way longer staying power now than on 905. And everything is working perfectly so far. Couldnt be happier all around now with this phone.

matjmonk

Reaction score
LOL I wonder what they'd have done back in the old Commodore 64 days, when half of your software library would be stuff you typed in from a magazine. Back in those days, saving a file to a disk was about as complex as command line flashing a phone nowadays *LMAO*

Again, can we say "assembly language"? Sure you can!

ewangw

Reaction score
LOL I wonder what they'd have done back in the old Commodore 64 days, when half of your software library would be stuff you typed in from a magazine. Back in those days, saving a file to a disk was about as complex as command line flashing a phone nowadays *LMAO*

I couldn't afford a Commodore 64 back then, so I had to settle for the Vic 20.:smile-b:

Just_AGuy

Reaction score
Ok that's what I was looking for. I'm coming from ADW myself. So if you are happy going from ADW to Apex, then I will most likely be as well. Gonna give that a try. Time to setup my screens again! I'm going for a new fresh arrangement this time around in celebration of ICS. Thanks for your time and effort in all this Samuri! Hopefully that radio holds. I would suspect it's going to be fine now.

Girlfriend has been harpin on me all day to clean up the place instead of messing around with all this.... so I'll be back later.

Insert bow whip sound here. Hwwwkcaa

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Those complaining about battery life should seriously consider factory resetting and disabling bloatware.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
For those wondering about my background...I started on a vic 20 when I was 7. My grandparents got a C64 to run their business so I got to use it when I was here (I bought their house a few years ago) on weekends. So I played on both of those Eventually got my own C64. Got into hacking copy protections (it was a hobby...wasn't pirating games, just wanted to learn how the encryption they used worked and how to defeat it). Moved up to an Amiga. And when I was in college I built my first 386-40 with WFW 3.11. I was one of the few who could multitask doom and still be online (bbs') at the same time. :p

kemeki

Reaction score
While we are comparing what apps we use, what free music players are y'all using? I'm trying to find one that correctly manages the tags. This is play music, and although this one works correctly, many of my files have either lost their id info or wallpaper is screwed up or missing. They were fine on my computer and all I did was copy/paste onto my card.

8uhu4y8u.jpg

Sent from my . 247 House of BIONIC Edition

I just Play Music and Amazon Cloud. I think I prefer Play Music though... but I buy most of my MP3s (yes, I buy them) on Amazon, so.... buttons.

pbsavages

Reaction score
Blasphemy how dare u mock my super smartphone having this phone this fast is incredible it makes a stock bionic look pathetic xD

Sent from my 1.404 ghz 3605 quadrant score ICS .246 DROID BIONIC

oh my mistake. Quadrant records.. lol. well, while you're busy getting your email on screen .00032 seconds faster, my days long battery life makes your phone basically a desktop computer :D

matjmonk

Reaction score
Ok quick question. What launcher is preferred by you guys? Nova, Apex, Stock, *Insert other here*???? I was using adw but from I know it's an awesome GB launcher, not so great for ics.

I'm pretty partial to Holo (free version). It seems to do most of what I want. I've tried the ADW, Go and some of the others but I like having something that is fairly lights and simple. the stock launcher drives me a bit nuts now since it doesn't rotate to landscape (the apps do but not my home screens).

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
pbsavages said:
oh my mistake. Quadrant records.. lol. well, while you're busy getting your email on screen .00032 seconds faster, my days long battery life makes your phone basically a desktop computer :D

Lol i have no reduction in battery life at all where in the helll do people get the idea that if u OC ur battery dies faster cuz i have yet to see that

Soocold

Reaction score
First, I uninstalled bloat. Yea, I used setcpu to underclock to 800MHz and to 300 when screen off. Yall are retarded for OCing to 1.4GHz, what can you possibly do with a telephone that fast? Set GTA III fps records? lol. I only turned on wifi and data when i needed it. and basically turned off the screen as fast as i can with a screen off widget haha. oh, probably the biggest thing is to only turn sync on and off only when you turn data or wifi on and off.

Three words: because we can

ICS Droid Bionic
FINALLY!! .247 courtesy of HoB

Just_AGuy

Reaction score
Lol i have no reduction in battery life at all where in the helll do people get the idea that if u OC ur battery dies faster cuz i have yet to see that

The misconception that most people have is that the processor runs (1.404 Ghz in your case) full blast all the time. When OC'd it only runs full blast when needed.

EDIT: just to add, there are multiple levels that the processors runs, so most of the time it just limping along at 300 Mhz. Or what ever your low level is, OC can under clock too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.