Wireless hotspot

Jason R

Reaction score
Just flashed mav 4.0 coming from liberty and need to get the hotpot working without paying for more data. Any help would be appreciated. It was working just before I flashed but now it redirects me to Verizon site. Thanks

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
did you do tether hack? if not either do that or download android wifi tether and install. works great for me.

OP
Jason R

Jason R

Reaction score
did you do tether hack? if not either do that or download android wifi tether and install. works great for me.

no i never did the tether hack it just worked on liberty, not sure why but it did. just wondering if it was something i could edit in the buid prop. i figured it would just work since the app is in the rom.

OP
Jason R

Jason R

Reaction score
Tried android widow tether and it won't load web pages

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Ya it seems with Android wifi tether its hit and miss. Easiest solution is just to do the tether hack and be done with it.

OP
Jason R

Jason R

Reaction score
Ok I did the hack and got it working but when I activate the hotpot or usb tether
The 3g goes away and then when it comes back it just stays white and it seems to be causing the data to not flow as fast as it should. Any ideas?

OP
Jason R

Jason R

Reaction score
Ok I've been using foxfi for almost 2hours and wow its working flawless awesome transfer speeds for wifi. WOW thanks im glad I tried it

bogdan_wrc

Reaction score
unfortunately foxfi doesnt work with 3G GSM :(
same issue: it connects, but does not load pages..