Wireless Hotspot Internet Issues.

NAZQAR

Reaction score
So I fire up my wireless hotspot and connect to it via my laptop. I am having an issue where some sites will not load, (Allstate.com, truecar.com, netflix.com.... just to name a few.) it seems like totally random sites that will not load on my laptop when using mobile hotspot. However, If I do a wired tether these sites work fine and if I try to navigate to them using the phone browser they work fine. My computer sais it cannot detect any connection problems????? Also, livemail will not send or receive any of my messages for @msn.com or @hotmail.com addresses, but will load my gmail and yahoo mail???? again this is only if I am using wireless hotspot. These problems disappear when connected with the wire.

Now you may say....."Well then, use the wire dummy." Here is the other side of this conundrum......

At the place I work we have spotty cell reception, my phone will go from no connection, to 3 bar 1x connection, jump up to 2 bar 4g then drop to 3 bar 3g.... at a whim it seems. It seems to happen A LOT more if I am tethered with the wire. I might lose connection altogether say 3 or 4 times an hour, maybe more often, and i usually have to shut my phone off and turn it on again to reestablish a connection. Now get this, If I wait for my phone to jump up to a really good 3g or mediocre 4g signal then turn on wireless hotspot.... voila, it almost NEVER drops the signal, maybe once every 2 or 3 hours when I am at work.

The phone is rooted.

Some more info: I usually do not get any 404 or unable to connect messages. The browser (Firefox, latest update) just sais connecting but never does. Switching to Chrome does not solve the problem, nor does switching to IE.

I am setting up the Hotspot with WPA2 PSK security, and broadcasting on channel two as that seems to be the fastest.

Last edited:

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
i had the same issue and it has been resolved with the latest update.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Wish I could be that lucky. The 6.11.748 update didn't fix the issue for me.

on which phone so i dont have to look that version up lol
on my bionic it did, on the razr they put me in the back of the line i guess lol