1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Wireless Hotspot Internet Issues.

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by NAZQAR, Dec 17, 2011.

1. NAZQAR

NAZQAR New Member

So I fire up my wireless hotspot and connect to it via my laptop. I am having an issue where some sites will not load, (Allstate.com, truecar.com, netflix.com.... just to name a few.) it seems like totally random sites that will not load on my laptop when using mobile hotspot. However, If I do a wired tether these sites work fine and if I try to navigate to them using the phone browser they work fine. My computer sais it cannot detect any connection problems????? Also, livemail will not send or receive any of my messages for @msn.com or @hotmail.com addresses, but will load my gmail and yahoo mail???? again this is only if I am using wireless hotspot. These problems disappear when connected with the wire.

Now you may say....."Well then, use the wire dummy." Here is the other side of this conundrum......

At the place I work we have spotty cell reception, my phone will go from no connection, to 3 bar 1x connection, jump up to 2 bar 4g then drop to 3 bar 3g.... at a whim it seems. It seems to happen A LOT more if I am tethered with the wire. I might lose connection altogether say 3 or 4 times an hour, maybe more often, and i usually have to shut my phone off and turn it on again to reestablish a connection. Now get this, If I wait for my phone to jump up to a really good 3g or mediocre 4g signal then turn on wireless hotspot.... voila, it almost NEVER drops the signal, maybe once every 2 or 3 hours when I am at work.

The phone is rooted.

Some more info: I usually do not get any 404 or unable to connect messages. The browser (Firefox, latest update) just sais connecting but never does. Switching to Chrome does not solve the problem, nor does switching to IE.

I am setting up the Hotspot with WPA2 PSK security, and broadcasting on channel two as that seems to be the fastest.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  2. bodieism

bodieism New Member

3. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Well-Known Member

i had the same issue and it has been resolved with the latest update.
  4. bodieism

bodieism New Member

Wish I could be that lucky. The 6.11.748 update didn't fix the issue for me.
  5. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Well-Known Member

on which phone so i dont have to look that version up lol
    on my bionic it did, on the razr they put me in the back of the line i guess lol
Search tags for this page
broadcast channel for mobile hotspot
broadcast channel mobile hotspot

hotspot broadcast channel

hotspot only loading a few pages
hotspot will only connect to some sites

mobile hotspot broadcast channel

mobile hotspot channel
mobile hotspot only connect to certain websites
us cellular hotspot not working
us cellular hotspot troubleshooting
what is broadcast channel on mobile hotspot