Wireless Charing Cover/Charging Pad

want a droid

Reaction score
Looking for some opinions on this. If you check out this youtube video ([video=youtube;HrsAzeuBUUE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrsAzeuBUUE]YouTube[/video]) you can see the HTC ThunderBolt with the wireless charging cover on the back.

Wireless Cover:
1. How do you feel about the bump in the cover?
2. How do you feel about the price (looks to be $39.99 for the cover)?

LG Wireless Charging Pad:
1. How do you feel about the price ($69.99)

And overall how do you all feel about this? Personally, I see myself shelling out the $110 just for the hell of it. I can see myself using this: walking in the house, throwing down my phone on the mat, yada yada. Then again the bump looks pretty big (circa 2750mAh battery, yikes!)

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
This would be really convenient, but, wow $110 so i don't have to plug in, i don't think i could talk myself into that one, and then it makes it thicker..

I'd have to say i'll pass on this, if it were <$75 and had a smaller bump on the back i'd go for it.

mat4ov

Reaction score
Personally, I'm a fan of the wireless charging systems. My dad has the duracell one for his OG Droid and it works extremely well. With that said, I'd like to see some other companies come out with the clips like the Duracell charger uses, or I'd like to see the Duracell solution drop in price. Last I looked, their system was pretty expensive, but I like their clips much better than the phone covers that others use.

cnmsales

Reaction score
I use mine as a night time side table clock. So I need a dock.

shortsxit

Reaction score
I don't understand the obsession with these? the pad still has to be plugged in, so all you're doing is saving yourself from plugging in the device directly, but you still have a power chord being used, right?

ArykMeyer

Reaction score
Powermat makes a very nice charging pad for the wireless receivers. i would personally buy it if i have the extra $ to spend at the time of course. i bought mine on amazon for the $179 deal they had going so i wont have mine till the 31st =( now if they can only make this compatible with the extended battery. I've heard of people getting a days and a half use out of a full charge sometimes using it. I wish there was more info available on the wireless door, its all leaked info for now