Wireless charging question

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Is there any problem with leaving the Samsung 9+ on the wireless charger all the time when I'm home?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I only charge my phones when needed. I have read numerous posts and articles that claim leaving a phone charging all the time will actually have a negative affect on the battery in the long run. If Fox was still around he used to post excellent articles about batteries and how to take care of them. Many of those posts are still here..... somewhere.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Just did a search and found this:

"Is it bad to leave your android charging overnight?
Yes, it's safe to leave your smartphone plugged into the charger overnight.

For
years, the myth has persisted that plugging your smartphone in to charge while you sleep will harm the phone's battery. You don't have to think too hard about preserving your smartphone's battery — especially overnight. For years, the myth has persisted that plugging your smartphone in tocharge while you sleep will harm the phone's battery."

May have to do some more research.

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Seems the consensus is that it's ok.

"Nowadays devices are really smart, they know they are full or drained. They slowly decrease the charging speed when it's almost full to prevent over heating. When it's full, it stops charging. Don't worry.

Sorce: "

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I've always left mine on .. especially when I wireless charge ....it might deplete battery a little bit over the lifespan of a phone but neglible IMO ...you most likely have a new phone by that time ...these phones are pretty good with battery management

LG G7