Wireless charging pad

zatchmo

Reaction score
Does anybody have one yet? Which one, and how well does it work?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've been using the incipio ghost.. But if you want an easy to use qi charger... Get the tylt or any other dual coil or even triple coil charger...

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I've been using the CHOE Stadium Qi Wireless Charger for since early this year, and it's been fantastic. It's a 3 coil charger, which means you can place a device pretty much anywhere on it, and it will charge. Single coil chargers have one specific spot where you have to set the device on it in order to charge, so unless you get it just right, your device may not charge. 3 coils just make it easier. The quality is top notch, and it's one of the best values out there for a 3 coil charger.

The Tylt that 94lt1 mentioned is a great 3 coil option as well if you want your device to be more viewable and don't mind paying a bit extra.

OP
Z

zatchmo

Reaction score
Any issues with overheating/overcharging or has that all been worked out?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Any issues with overheating/overcharging or has that all been worked out?
I've never had any issues when using a good quality charger and OEM charging (like is built into the Turbo).

Most problems I've read about regarding overheating or charging are when someone has added a non-OEM charging coil to their phone or when a poor quality charger is being used.

With the Turbo, as long as you pick up a decent charger, you should have zero problems.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I suggest a triple coil charger.. As I said.. And as bsweetness said.. With more coils.. You can put the device anywhere and it will charge.. Single coils are a pain to line up at times.. Aka the incipio ghost....

With qi charging... It's a magnetic field I believe... There's a little heat or thermal conduction.. But its not alot.. Nothing to do harm to you or your device.. And its normal.. It doesn't cause overheating..

If you add a coil to your device.. Then it can become an issue.. As bsweetness said again.. :)

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Seems to work fine with my LG QI Charger that I used on my G2.

jmauney2010

Reaction score
I second the LG charger, even has a cool little diagram to line up the phone and charger correctly!!

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I've been using the CHOE Stadium Qi Wireless Charger for since early this year, and it's been fantastic. It's a 3 coil charger, which means you can place a device pretty much anywhere on it, and it will charge. Single coil chargers have one specific spot where you have to set the device on it in order to charge, so unless you get it just right, your device may not charge. 3 coils just make it easier. The quality is top notch, and it's one of the best values out there for a 3 coil charger.

The Tylt that 94lt1 mentioned is a great 3 coil option as well if you want your device to be more viewable and don't mind paying a bit extra.

I have the CHOE Stadium as well. Just used it once. I like it, but became concerned about my battery temp reaching 114 deg+ then pulled the plug due to concern. I contacted Motorola Support to see what temps I should expect to see using wireless charging, but they have no info yet. Until I can verify if I'm damaging the phone I went back to the plug in USB.

Last edited:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I have the CHOE Stadium as well. Just used it once. I like it, but became concerned about my battery temp reaching 114 deg+ then pulled the plug due to concern. I contacted Motorola Support to see what temps I should expect to see using wireless charging, but they have no info yet. Until I can verify if I'm damaging the phone I went back to the plug in USB.

I've not had any heat problems with the CHOE Stadium. Every phone I've used with it, including the Turbo, haven't experienced any issues. Hopefully you can get it sorted out.

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I've not had any heat problems with the CHOE Stadium. Every phone I've used with it, including the Turbo, haven't experienced any issues. Hopefully you can get it sorted out.
Interesting. What battery temps does your phone reach during charging? Do you use the phone turbo charger to interface with the pad or a standard 2A rated adapter?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Interesting. What battery temps does your phone reach during charging? Do you use the phone turbo charger to interface with the pad or a standard 2A rated adapter?

I haven't checked the exact temperature in a while, but it was never more than slightly warm to the touch (which is normal). I do not use the turbo charger with the pad. I use a standard charger.

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I haven't checked the exact temperature in a while, but it was never more than slightly warm to the touch (which is normal). I do not use the turbo charger with the pad. I use a standard charger.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll try again with a different adapter. Maybe the Turbo adapter output is too much for the pad.

Tap'd from my Droid Turbo

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Thanks for the feedback. I'll try again with a different adapter. Maybe the Turbo adapter output is too much for the pad.

Tap'd from my Droid Turbo

That's probably a good idea. While most devices will regulate the amount of power they need from a charger as to not cause any issues (and Qi charging pads don't need much since they charge at a much lower rate), I would never use a turbo/fast adaptive charger with any device that isn't designed to be used with one. In most cases I wouldn't think there would be a problem, but it's just not something I would personally do.

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
That's probably a good idea. While most devices will regulate the amount of power they need from a charger as to not cause any issues (and Qi charging pads don't need much since they charge at a much lower rate), I would never use a turbo/fast adaptive charger with any device that isn't designed to be used with one. In most cases I wouldn't think there would be a problem, but it's just not something I would personally do.
Understood. Thanks for the feedback. I did it only after verifying the amperage and voltage ratings of the turbo charger met the specifications required by the pad input. There could be another technical issue between the two devices that isn't apparent and contributes to the heat.