Wireless Charging for the S3

jssmith76

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here has gotten one of those wireless inductive charging bad and batteries for their S3? I'm starting to have some problems with charging my S3 using different cables and such. Thinking my charging port might be loose and this wireless charging might work for me. Just looking for some feedback and suggestions.

Thanks,
Josh

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
Guy here at work had his usb port stop charging with cable. So he switched to a wireless charging setup. He says it works well for him. I think he just got a add on wireless add on from amazon and not the official wireless charger cover.

OP
jssmith76

jssmith76

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Was it one of those kits where you just place a "sticker" on the battery, and then you can place the phone on the charging dock?

OP
jssmith76

jssmith76

Reaction score
Thanks for the links everyone. I'm definitely gonna have to go this route. I bought one of those "Duracell" battery chargers this weekend, but since its an actual case that plugs into the charging port, it didn't work for me at all. So that got returned. After looking at all these links, and after searching the web for the same items, I've found a few items for the GS3 I535 (Verizon), but most of them are for the GS3 I9300 (non-Verizon). I haven't been able to find any pictures comparing the the battery compartments of the two. Does anyone happen to know if the charging pads for the I9300 will fit on the I535?

wcjeep

Reaction score
Be sure you do not mix technology. The Duracell stuff you returned was not likely QI tech.

OP
jssmith76

jssmith76

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't have anything else that is currently set up for wireless (or QI) charging. No matter what route I go, that'll end up being the route I go for all my devices. If I change other devices for wireless charging. Thanks for the heads up though.