Wireless Chargers review

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I bought a couple qi compatible chargers for reasonable price.
Black one from Amazon for $18.99 shipped Amazon.com: Lerway Wireless Qi Power Charger Pad for Lumia920 HTC 8X S4 S3 Note II (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories
4uqaba9e.jpg
hejuju9u.jpg

And white one from eBay for $18.00 shipped http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=300999639262
7ene6aby.jpg
upaqyvud.jpg

Both perform the same, charging at about 700ma/h(had a phone on charger for 1 hour and it went from 69% to 89% on 3500mah battery).
Black one comes with pad and micro usb cord(no wall plug), white one comes with base, round plug cord and wall plug.
Black came directly from China so took just over a week to arrive. Ordered on 18th, got it on 26th.
White one came from California so took under a week to get it.

To charge a phone you just lay it on the pad. Both have led lights, but white pad has them marked better and easier to see. Black one has led but it's concealed and phone covers them up when on pad.

If I were to buy again, I'd choose white as it's cheaper, ships faster and easier to use. White you center the phone on pad to activate, black you align bottom edges to activate.

Phone gets warm when charging but nothing to write about. Once it's charged it's cool to the touch. I also have a tpu case on the phone 24/7 and it doesn't interfere with charging. The sound the phone makes isn't significant, but it lets you know when it connects and the screen has cool animation.

Also, if you have mountek or infiniapps magnetic phone mounts, the metal plates might interfere with wireless charging. I haven't tested.

Last edited:
OP
xeene

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
You don't have to plug it in. No need to turn the lights on in the dark to plug in the charger and no wear and tear on the plug.
It's more for a convenience factor. My wife loves it and she talked me into getting it for her. After I tried it, I got one for myself.

tmal2

Reaction score
Thanks for the review Xeene, I was thinking about getting a wireless charger for my Maxx but didn't want to spend $40-50. I ordered the same white one on ebay that you have. Can't wait for it to get here

wcjeep

Reaction score
I charge through my Lifeproof case. Wireless charging is more convenience than anything else. Set the phone down it's charging. Pick it up without unplugging. Wireless charging is slower. At home I use the LG WC 300. Recently bought a QI car charger. It was $60 with Amazon prime. This helps micro USB longevity.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
Got the DROID one from vzw when I bought my phone. 30 - 25% so not too bad. Works great and charges through my defender case. It will also keep it topped off at 100% after it gets through the initial charge

Chris

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

tmal2

Reaction score
I bought a couple qi compatible chargers for reasonable price.
Black one from Amazon for $18.99 shipped Amazon.com: Lerway Wireless Qi Power Charger Pad for Lumia920 HTC 8X S4 S3 Note II (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories
4uqaba9e.jpg
hejuju9u.jpg

And white one from eBay for $18.00 shipped http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=300999639262
7ene6aby.jpg
upaqyvud.jpg

Both perform the same, charging at about 700ma/h(had a phone on charger for 1 hour and it went from 69% to 89% on 3500mah battery).
Black one comes with pad and micro usb cord(no wall plug), white one comes with base, round plug cord and wall plug.
Black came directly from China so took just over a week to arrive. Ordered on 18th, got it on 26th.
White one came from California so took under a week to get it.

To charge a phone you just lay it on the pad. Both have led lights, but white pad has them marked better and easier to see. Black one has led but it's concealed and phone covers them up when on pad.

If I were to buy again, I'd choose white as it's cheaper, ships faster and easier to use. White you center the phone on pad to activate, black you align bottom edges to activate.

Phone gets warm when charging but nothing to write about. Once it's charged it's cool to the touch. I also have a tpu case on the phone 24/7 and it doesn't interfere with charging. The sound the phone makes isn't significant, but it lets you know when it connects and the screen has cool animation.

Also, if you have mountek or infiniapps magnetic phone mounts, the metal plates might interfere with wireless charging. I haven't tested.

Just got my charger in the mail. It seems the seller has switched things around a bit. Although I ordered the white one directly from your link I actually received a white version of the black one you ordered. It's even got the same model number and does not come with a wall charger and the LED lights are indeed concealed. I guess I should have read the ebay ad better because nowhere in the ad does it say that it comes with a wall charger. Lesson learned. I'm guessing I can just use the charger than came with my phone.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The droid charger from vzw does well too...charges faster than being plugged in..and charges through an otterbox defender..its 35$ though... Awesome though...I love it..wish the LED's were blue...my next tinker project I guess ;)

Its an incipio ghost 100 branded for droid

MAXXED OUT!!!

abu5u7y3.jpg

RAZRmax

Reaction score
You don't have to plug it in. No need to turn the lights on in the dark to plug in the charger and no wear and tear on the plug.
It's more for a convenience factor. My wife loves it and she talked me into getting it for her. After I tried it, I got one for myself.

As someone who had to replace his RAZR due to a broken charger connector, I am very happy to have the wireless charging ability. I am using the ghost charger. I did have to plug in the other day while I did my phone encryption but other than that I hope to (almost) never have to use that physical connector.

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
I bought five of the white Samsung models from the Ebay link. Two work perfectly every single time, flawless. Three will cause the phone to activate the screen and audio signalling the phone is charging. But, it does not charge and there are two LED's in the charger base that alternately flash what looks to me like a blue then a yellow color.

The two that work fine light up in a constant blue color and never light up any yellow color. I have tried different actual charging units that connect the base to the wall socket. All of these work fine when connected to the phone with out the wireless Samsung unit in between. I have also tried different cables from the charger at the wall to the Samsung unit. Position on the pad does not matter. When you place the phone on the right area, the phone activates signalling you are charging, but it really does not. For instance, after three hours on the pad, I lost battery charge and the LED's never quick blinking.

I have to tell you that the Ebay seller gets no blame. They answer questions and try to help. They are very open to try and make the customer happy. I give them all the credit as an Ebay seller. Absolutely no blame to them and I have nothing bad, at all, to say about them. I would give them an A+++ as a seller and ease to deal with.

I have the Diztronic Matte Black Flexible TPU case. Taking off doesn't matter.

I am not sure what the fix is, though.

I am thinking of buying the Incipio Ghost 100 chargers as no one seems to have found a problem with them and the Droid MAXX.

NWKENT

Reaction score
As someone who had to replace his RAZR due to a broken charger connector, I am very happy to have the wireless charging ability. I am using the ghost charger. I did have to plug in the other day while I did my phone encryption but other than that I hope to (almost) never have to use that physical connector.

Sir..which RAZR Maxx model do you own.?

sent by my MZ617-32 XYBoard 10.1_SafeStrap v3.12_Jelly Bean 4.1.2

Please donate to: jcase & Hashcode (if you can)