Wirefly

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why don't you just get a new battery for your phone?
My phones pretty beat up anyway - what happens when you think you don't need a case. So I guess you can say it's also my scapegoat to get a new phone.
Plus, Verizon said the battery isn't cheap anyway, my original plan was to go in and get a new battery.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I too have a friend who uses Wirefly for all of his phones, and he likes them.

I believe Wirefly has an account on this forum and sometimes answers questions here.
It's no lie. Ask away! :)

Question #1. I sign a Verizon Contract for 2 years. Verizon offers upgrades for their 'New Every Two' (NE2) at 20 months, not 24. I know for a fact that Wirefly is not able to participate in the annual upgrade Verizon offers to the primary line. What about the 20 month option (for all lines)? Or is Wirefly only able to upgrade/renew for current customers AFTER their contract is completely finished--whether 12 or 24 month.

Wirefly

Reaction score
Question #1. I sign a Verizon Contract for 2 years. Verizon offers upgrades for their 'New Every Two' (NE2) at 20 months, not 24. I know for a fact that Wirefly is not able to participate in the annual upgrade Verizon offers to the primary line. What about the 20 month option (for all lines)? Or is Wirefly only able to upgrade/renew for current customers AFTER their contract is completely finished--whether 12 or 24 month.
Excellent question. Wirefly is only able to process an upgrade when you are eligible for a full upgrade. If your contract is up, then you should definitely be eligible, but you might also be eligible several months before-hand. It actually varies by account and is a secret formula that only Verizon knows! Seriously, if you have a higher-priced rate plan, or lots of features, and always pay your bill on time, Verizon is a little more generous in terms of eligibility. If you never pay your bill on time, you could get rejected even if it's been 2 years.

To know for sure, you can simply log into your Verizon account, or better yet, you can use Wirefly's online upgrade eligibility checker, available HERE.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Thanks for the answer. I know for a fact I am not eligible. This Thursday is my 1 year date that I bought a DROID. I'd LOVE to be able to order through Wirefly with your awesome deals. But I am too impatient and the Verizon offer to an annual upgrade will get me every time! I was thinking MAYBE I can wait 8 more months for the 20 month NE2 if Wirefly allowed me to go through them--but I can't wait for the full 24 months--Dec 2011!

Wirefly

Reaction score
We understand. 2-year contracts pay our bills, of course. But they also cause a lot of anxiety!

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

LexPlayer

Reaction score
A little clarification please

I just had a problem with wirefly by trying to upgrade my primary smart phone with a dumb phone (Cosmos LG Touch) and then transferring it to my wife's secondary $9.99 dumb phone (and then re-activating my primary smart phone - I wanted to upgrade hers a few months before she was eligible). I called customer service and was told that this is a violation, so I'm returning the phone and starting over.

I guess I have a rather simple question:

If I upgrade to an Android on my primary line, with a $29.99 data plan, is there a time when I can revert to a dumb phone without penalty? I would like to use the Android on my primary for 6 months and then just use a dumb phone without any data plan. I know this would satisfy Wirefly, but what about Verizon?

Similarly, I will be adding another line next year for my son, so same question, can I purchase a smart phone, pay the data for 6 months, and then swap it for a dumb phone without penalty from Wirefly or Verizon.

Many thanks.

fis

Reaction score
Neither of these should be any problem.

Just curious, are you looking to ebay the phones? Seems odd to want to go back to dumb phones, especially as every decent phone these days requires the data features.

Sent using the Droid Forums app

LexPlayer

Reaction score
Since you asked...

thanks for the reply fis.

I'm not ebaying them, but I want to:

1. upgrade and use the first Android for six months, go to a dumb phone,
2. then, add another line and use the second Android for six months (have all calls forwarded from line 1 to line 2- but my son can still use the dumb phone during this time)
3. then swap line one with line two

I am very paranoid about losing, dropping or otherwise damaging my phone, so if I do it this way I can have a spare in case anything happens. It seems like a waste to add a line and not take advantage of a special price for an Android through wirefly. The last time I added a phone for my wife she got a piece of crap CDM8950 (the "dumb" phone used in the example, but good enough for my kid!)

fis

Reaction score
Pretty creative. Beats paying hundreds for insurance over the next 2 years!