Reaction score
Is Wirefly a trusted site? Any unknown fees? It sounds too good to be true:

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
WireFly Question(Droid)

Alright, I'll try to make sense of this as best I can;

The phone I currently have right now (LG enV Touch) charges terribly and the battery life is really bad on it now. I had it fully charged this morning and within two hours I had 1 bar left - with only sending a few txts during that period of time.

I went to Verizon to get it checked out and they can't help me because my warranty is expired with LG. But, they told me if I got a new phone from say.. eBay that they would activate that phone(for free) and if it was one that required a data plan just add that on.

Alright, good deal. Problem is, I want a Droid.. The Droid X, Incredible, and 2 are all 350+. Which if I absolutely need to pay that I will, Droids are AWESOME!

But then my friend told me about WireFly as she has used it before. I can get a Droid Incredible for free or a Droid 2 for like 50bucks, but I can't upgrade my account until March. Then I saw the Add a line option and(my phone isn't the primary phone, it's an added 9.99 line) saw it was the same thing you can do at Verizon, but, at the bottom it said Switch old/pre-existing number to new device.

Does this mean I can just do that and it won't add a new line, but just switch my old phone from the enV touch to the Droid?

If not can you terminate added lines early since I'm just going to add a new line anyway and it's not the primary number?

Last edited:

motormadness

Reaction score
You say your contract is expired? So why would you go on ebay and pay full price for a phone? Just go to wirefly, verizon, etc and renew your contract cheap.

dwcasey

Reaction score

My current HTC Droid Eris I purchased using wirefly during one of there "free phone" deals. I think shipping was free as well. It was an easy and painless process to order online and wait for the phone. I was a new Verizon customer xferring from ATT.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you use wirefly and add a line you wioll pay more. You will pay for the additional line of 9.99 for a 2 year term, plus data on top of what you have already. You can't port your current number over unless you are due for the upgrade. If you are to change the number from the added online number that wirefly gives you within 6 months of adding the line then in small print you will read that wirefly will charge you the full retail price for the phone on the credit card used to place the order. Personally stay away from wirefly. Others have had great times with them, but there is to small small print for me and a lot of red tape to get those phones for so cheap.

fis

Reaction score
The print's pretty large, actually. It's the key thing you are agreeing to, because Wirefly gets a commission from Verizon and must live within Verizon's rules. If you work in the cell phone business like I do, maybe it seems more intuitive. I don't understand why people find it suspicious. It's not like they hide it. To me it's simply a fair trade off, and the whole point of Wirefly's business model (Not charging fees, that is. Collecting commissions from Verizon). Ask around Verizon headquarters and you'll find a lot of employees who get their phones from Wirefly.

rsdroid

Reaction score
So, I'm also checking out Wirefly (and Amazon and Dell) for purchasing a Droid X. Here's what I'm confused about: I would be transferring a full NE2 upgrade from another line (my internet aircard); can I use a transferred upgrade on sites like these or only from Verizon?

If not, I'm also eligible for an early upgrade on my phone (also a primary line); can I use my early upgrade on one of these lines through someone besides Verizon?

Can you do either of these upgrades on wirefly? And if so, how?

Wirefly

Reaction score
I saw the Add a line option and(my phone isn't the primary phone, it's an added 9.99 line) saw it was the same thing you can do at Verizon, but, at the bottom it said Switch old/pre-existing number to new device.

Does this mean I can just do that and it won't add a new line, but just switch my old phone from the enV touch to the Droid?

If not can you terminate added lines early since I'm just going to add a new line anyway and it's not the primary number?
Hi BenLand150. What you want is an upgrade of a non-primary line. Unfortunately it sounds like you are not eligible for several more months. In the meantime, if you were to choose the add a line option, you would get an additional line added to your family plan. This will cost $9.99/month PLUS the data features that Verizon requires for DROID phones, and you tried switching your old number on this line and canceling the other line, Verizon might accommodate you but report it to us as a deactivation of service. Bottom line: We would very much like to sell you a new Droid phone, but you can't really get around Verizon's rules, so it might make sense to wait a few months.

So, I'm also checking out Wirefly (and Amazon and Dell) for purchasing a Droid X. Here's what I'm confused about: I would be transferring a full NE2 upgrade from another line (my internet aircard); can I use a transferred upgrade on sites like these or only from Verizon?

If not, I'm also eligible for an early upgrade on my phone (also a primary line); can I use my early upgrade on one of these lines through someone besides Verizon?

Can you do either of these upgrades on wirefly? And if so, how?
rsdroid, These are all good questions. Unfortunately I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we probably can't help you.
- You are correct that Verizon will allow you transfer upgrades from one line to another if you purchase directly from them, but doing it through a dealer would be considered a deactivation and not eligible for the Wirefly discounts.
- Verizon's NE2 discounts are only for purchases made directly from Verizon. They cannot be stacked on top of Wirefly's deals.
- Early upgrades are also only available from Verizon, and would fail the upgrade eligibility check when we tried to process your order.

Oh my, that's three strikes against us. We would love to sell you a new phone, so I hope you will consider Wirefly again when you reach full upgrade eligibility with Verizon. We'll try to make it worth the wait!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
As much as any of the other major resellers. As with any of them, make sure you fully read and understand the fine print.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I saw the Add a line option and(my phone isn't the primary phone, it's an added 9.99 line) saw it was the same thing you can do at Verizon, but, at the bottom it said Switch old/pre-existing number to new device.

Hi BenLand150. What you want is an upgrade of a non-primary line. Unfortunately it sounds like you are not eligible for several more months. In the meantime, if you were to choose the add a line option, you would get an additional line added to your family plan. This will cost $9.99/month PLUS the data features that Verizon requires for DROID phones, and you tried switching your old number on this line and canceling the other line, Verizon might accommodate you but report it to us as a deactivation of service. Bottom line: We would very much like to sell you a new Droid phone, but you can't really get around Verizon's rules, so it might make sense to wait a few months.

Thanks for the help, seems as thought I would have to wait 3months to be eligible for one. But right now needing a new phone is a necessity so it seems as though I will have to go out of my way and buy the Droid itself.

Thanks again.

tonydelite

Reaction score
I too have a friend who uses Wirefly for all of his phones, and he likes them.

I believe Wirefly has an account on this forum and sometimes answers questions here.

fis

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, seems as thought I would have to wait 3months to be eligible for one. But right now needing a new phone is a necessity so it seems as though I will have to go out of my way and buy the Droid itself.

Thanks again.
Time to check out eBay!