Wirefly Offering TB for $200

funkyb

Reaction score
Wirefly - If you are still monitoring this thread, I do have two questions. I've also submitted these via your email service.

(1) Will the SIM card required on the HTC ThunderBolt be included with the package shipped by WireFly, or do I need to obtain this from a retail VZW location?

(2) VZW is making tethering free to customers who upgrade to the HTC Thunderbolt until May 15th 2011. After this date, to retain tethering VZW customers must pay for the 2GB @ $20/month package they offer. I am not interesting in the tethering service, and did not elect to purchase it. My concern is, if VZW makes this an 'opt-out' process, meaning I need to explictly tell VZW I don't want it, will this be interpreted as a plan change that leads to ETF or other similar fees? I would of course contest this (and don't expect it to be a problem), but if there are any possible concerns I would like to begin the dialog immediately rather than after it is an issue.

Thanks!

awakefie

Reaction score
Wirefly - If you are still monitoring this thread, I do have two questions. I've also submitted these via your email service.

(1) Will the SIM card required on the HTC ThunderBolt be included with the package shipped by WireFly, or do I need to obtain this from a retail VZW location?

(2) VZW is making tethering free to customers who upgrade to the HTC Thunderbolt until May 15th 2011. After this date, to retain tethering VZW customers must pay for the 2GB @ $20/month package they offer. I am not interesting in the tethering service, and did not elect to purchase it. My concern is, if VZW makes this an 'opt-out' process, meaning I need to explictly tell VZW I don't want it, will this be interpreted as a plan change that leads to ETF or other similar fees? I would of course contest this (and don't expect it to be a problem), but if there are any possible concerns I would like to begin the dialog immediately rather than after it is an issue.

Thanks!

Wirefly: I have the same questions as listed above... Can you let us know the answers...

EdForsythe

Reaction score
Much better than the $250 - $300 we keep hearing about.
That is a great price but you are stuck with the phone for 2 years when the TB will be an antique.:frown: My age and technophile desires will not let me sign another 2 year contract. I'm considering Best Buy with their Buy Back program. It's a 2 year contract but there are advantages. I'll pay 249.99 for the phone (199.99 with my $50 gift card) and I'll purchase the Buy Back at $59.99. If I decide to trade the phone within 6 months (quite possible because the iPhone 5, Samsung Stealth, Bionic, etc. should be out by then) I'll get 50% of the TB MSRP to apply to my new phone. Within 12 months I'll receive 40%. I'll apply that loot to the MSRP purchase price of my new phone. Slightly expensive but my TB will be somewhat future proofed. There may be flaws in my logic - I welcome any suggestions criticisms, etc.:)

Last edited:

Wirefly

Reaction score

Thanks!

Yes we are still monitoring this thread. :) Here are the answers - let me know if there is anything else that I can answer for you.

1) The SIM card will be shipped with the phone, so you will not need to go get one from a retail VZW store.

2) The free wifi tethering will be an opt-out option, and if you choose to opt-out you will not be assessed any ETF's and the carrier will not report this as a deactivation to us.

awakefie

Reaction score

Thanks!

Yes we are still monitoring this thread. :) Here are the answers - let me know if there is anything else that I can answer for you.

1) The SIM card will be shipped with the phone, so you will not need to go get one from a retail VZW store.

2) The free wifi tethering will be an opt-out option, and if you choose to opt-out you will not be assessed any ETF's and the carrier will not report this as a deactivation to us.

Cool! THX Wirefly

I sent you my order number in a PM. I would like to Opt-Out of the free tethering. Let me know what else you might need from me or how best to proceed with that request.

ThX again

awakefie

Reaction score
That's funny because that's how i found out about Wirefly in the first place. I'm one of the UPS drivers that delivers to the warehouse in Largo everyday ;)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
Verizon reps have told me that there is no 1 year option on the TB!

Odd, but I'm not that surprised... Its an expensive phone to start with, but I don't know why that should matter.

funkyb

Reaction score

Thanks!

Cool! THX Wirefly

I sent you my order number in a PM. I would like to Opt-Out of the free tethering. Let me know what else you might need from me or how best to proceed with that request.

ThX again

I can almost guarantee you will need to contact Verizon to do this. Wirefly only initiates the sale/upgrade. After that, you're a customer of Verizon's.

funkyb

Reaction score

Thanks!

Thank you very much for the clear and complete response, I couldn't have hoped for anything more. This is my first experience with WireFly, and so far I am quite impressed.

Wirefly

Reaction score

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thank you very much for the clear and complete response, I couldn't have hoped for anything more. This is my first experience with WireFly, and so far I am quite impressed.

You are welcome. Let me know if there is anything else that I can do to be of assistance or answer any other questions. :)