1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Wirefly..I am confused...

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by ljmace1953, Feb 1, 2013.

1. ljmace1953

ljmace1953 New Member

I have ordered a new maxx from them and was going to take it to a verizon store to have them transfer my pics,contacts and music from my eris to the maxx.
    So I recieved an email after the order that says not to have verizon activate it. What is that all about?? I may just return it when I get it as I have heard that best buy will match the wirefly price.
    Wirefly tried to offer their cloud to transfer my data but it is a reverse process to cancel it.No thanks that is a pain to cancel,I've been through similar scenario before.
    I don't get why they don't want me going to a store to activate. It makes me uncomfortable.
  2. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter New Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    Call them and ask. I'm sure it isn't a double secret reason that you aren't allowed to know. I've purchased two phones through them so far and my third will be next week. Honestly I don't want anyone in a verizon store touching my new phone. You can very easily transfer all your own pictures & music by moving them to a computer then onto a SD card. Put the SD card in your phone and wallah, your pictures and music are on your phone. Contacts will transfer over to your new phone as soon as you log into your gmail account. That is provided you have all your contacts saved as google contacts and not on the phone. Anymore questions let me know.

This post is Incredible 2
    1 person likes this.
  3. ljmace1953

ljmace1953 New Member

unfortunately most of my contacts have been save as phone and not google
  4. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Well-Known Member

I don't know if this works on the Iris but it works on every Android phone I have ever worked with. About your contacts...go into contracts, press menu, then select import/export and select export to sdcard. That will create a .vcf file on your sdcard. When you get your new phone place that sdcard in your phone, open contacts and select import/export and import the vcf file on your sdcard to your contacts. Your contacts will now be transfered from your sdcard to your phone's contacts file. Make sure you designate them as google contacts so that your contacts will always be sync'd with your google account.
  5. 4low4fun

4low4fun New Member

You can also log into Google.com. sign in. Go to contacts. And then import them so they are saved as Google contacts..
  6. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken, when he entered contacts into his phone if he hadn't selected "google contacts" but instead selected "phone contacts" those contacts will not be in google. That is the way it used to be anyway.
  7. WickedLilThang

WickedLilThang New Member

You're right, there is a way to get them onto your Google account, it's a small pain. I've had to do it for a couple customers over in our store (not corp lol) You have to download a file manager that's free and go to your contacts and make a CVS file. You have find that file with the manager and put it right on your SD card on phone memory. plug it into your computer, open up your gmail contacts, import the CVS file on your phone and refresh it. All the contacts should be there. If you need help or better explination PM and i'll do my best :)
  8. GotnFX

GotnFX Active Member

Why not save under Google? People--> Menu-->accounts--> gmail.
  9. WickedLilThang

WickedLilThang New Member

That would only save the contacts he puts on the phone later. The ones on his phone now won't be saved to Google
  10. GotnFX

GotnFX Active Member

Hmmm interesting, how would it know what's new and what's in the phone if you sync the contacts to gmail? In contacts-> menu-> settings-> contact storage..it does say choose an account to store new contacts but I'm not understanding how sync to gmail would only save new contacts.
  11. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter New Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    It would only sync contacts that are in his list and marked as google contacts. If they are marked for the phone, android won't send them to your google account. For instance say my truck is getting fixed at a mechanic and I save his number on my phone. I don't necessarily need the number for the rest of my life so I store it on the phone only and don't sync it with google. It won't transfer to my next phone a year later. I do that pretty regularly.

This post is Incredible 2
  12. ambrown

ambrown New Member

I learned my lesson to save my contacts to my Google account from now on. Last summer my poor Droid Incredible took a swim in my in-law's pool and it died right after. All my contacts were saved to the phone. Now I've gone through a few temporary phones and I saved all my contacts to my Google account and when I got my current phone, a Droid 2, from ebay it made it super easy. Once I signed into my Google account all my contacts were already there! I'll never go through a Verizon store or any other transfer service again!

I too recently purchased a phone via Wirefly and I'll be getting it delivered Monday, and I look forward to a very quick and easy transition since every contact is backed up to gmail, and one sign in will essentially give me access to all my apps, my contacts, and other stuff. There are other things I'll have to sign into separately, like evernote, dropbox, etc. but hey, no need for anyone else to handle my phone, and no need to take it anywhere, just power it up and log into my select services and I'm good to go!

I do wish Google made transferring apps a little easier, I can of coarse save everything to the SD card but that gets a little messy sometimes. Root and backup are good too, but Google should make that an unnecessary step by managing apps in Google play easier to sync quickly. Or at least sorting apps that are saved in "my apps".
  13. ljmace1953

ljmace1953 New Member

well wirefly didn't put in all the info given to them. I have not received my phone yet.
    I will be sending it back as soon as I get it .
    Then they tell me that I won't be given credit and a release until they inspect it...I wonder how long that will take
    never again
  14. China87

China87 New Member

What happen i was gone order from wirefly is they a good company
  15. ljmace1953

ljmace1953 New Member

Maybe for some but it started bad from the time i hit thier wrnsite to order then the rep not putting the entire correct shipping info in,and now finding out dont have a company store activate. Plus the freebackup isnt. Well it is for 2weeks then you must call to cancel
  16. Wirefly

Wirefly New Member

PM me your order number. I will have a customer service manager call you. We do need to check the phone once we receive it, but I will have our customer service manager handle everything for you. I look forward to hearing from you soon!
  17. JDH

JDH Member

I have transfered contacts and photos several times just using verizon backup assist, ezpz.
  18. johniii

johniii New Member

wirefly

i never backed up my phone to google,i thought it did that by linking up my phone to my gmail account.But i do have it backed up on my sd card i believe.As for wirefly i used them several to purchase my dx's.So they had a promotion ending on 3/18 for $50 google play cards. Wirefly site said it extended the 50$ cards for 3 more hours.this was at 11:50 est.I went through the whole process of buying 2 maxx hd's.The person said yes you will receive the cards.At the end of buying, the lady said call this number in the morning.I called gave them my info and i waited.I called them today they said i didnt purchase them till the next day when i called.I was lied to,lost out on $100 of free google play services.I spent over $ 500 on 2 phones and accessories and no cards.Sorry so long im just pissed. :mad:
  19. Wirefly

Wirefly New Member

I am so sorry to hear about this. Please PM me your order number so that I can look into this and see what we can work out. I want to review the sales call and address this for you. I look forward to hearing from you soon!
  20. johniii

johniii New Member

happy to say i received assistance from mr wirefly.he was so much help.customer service is fare and he went above and beyond in assisting me.THANK YOU !!!!!!!!:icon_ banana:dancedroidDancingNexus
Search tags for this page
droid razr maxx hd wirefly deal
pictures won't transfer on wirefly
when will wirefly ship droid maxx

wirefly verizon activation 2013