1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Wired Tether via Proxy with other than Proxoid?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ZoomStop, Oct 27, 2010.

1. ZoomStop

ZoomStop New Member

Boy guys I am really frustrated and if anyone can help I will be eternally grateful. Let me lay out the issue since it is pretty easy:

At work, need internet. I have internet but it is heavily filtered (and monitored).
    Have a Droid(1), rooted, froyo.
    Want to tether but need my networked applications on my work computer to stay connected to the corporate LAN so I can still use email, server terminal clients, etc.

So that is the goal. Proxoid is as close as I have some. It works OK since I can just run a copy of Firefox off a thumb drive and have my proxy settings setup on there.

But Proxoid is so buggy (it seems). Connection drops often, gets VERY slow at times, etc.

I would even be willing to try a normal wired tether and pull some TCP/IP tricks if that would help (have tried to mess with the TCP/IP metrics and tried a program called ForceBindIP. The former plain didn't work and the latter had odd issues).

I thought I could use ConnectBot to replace Proxoid but I can't figure out the settings.

Any help would be awesome. Thanks!
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
Search tags for this page

proxoid

proxoid setup
proxoid slow
proxy on android wired